No announcement yet.

MAP: Improved Huge Map of Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering if there is anyone out there who have played a game through this map who could give some experience feedback on balance ect. ect. ect.

Comment

• Why the hell can't I download this thing successfully???
      Everytime I do it is just a file. I can't extract it with winzip or anything... This happens with alot of the files I download from here??

Comment

• seems to be a bug after reinstall here.
        I also can't download any file that is attaches here somewhere.
        Only these I can take which are pointing to an external server.
        http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
        http://civ3.2be.cc/
        http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• Post a the map again please!

Hi

For some reason its impossible to download the latest version of this map
          6.25 could someone re-post it please.

Comment

• here you go this should be a downloadable version
            Attached Files

Comment

• hm.... strange... that download doesn't seem to work neither...
              else you can go to this page to download the file.

alternative file link

Comment

• Blast it all! I still cannot get the starting locations working. After I enter the 3 criteria, it asks about the fog of war, and whatever I type, the window just flashes by. There is some text at the bottom, but it goes to fast to read.

I have Windows XP, does that make a difference?

BLAST IT ALL!!!
                ~THE DARK LORD APOLON

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dark Lord
                  Blast it all! I still cannot get the starting locations working. After I enter the 3 criteria, it asks about the fog of war, and whatever I type, the window just flashes by. There is some text at the bottom, but it goes to fast to read.

I have Windows XP, does that make a difference?
                  Maybe this the reason is (I've Win98):
                  civbreed.exe works in DOS window, means the sav file that you take must not have a space or a colon in the name! It must be a name in DOS format! So rename the sav that you had created (i.e.) to test.sav and the result you may call test1.sav then
                  http://AlphaCentauri.US/ in English and German
                  http://civ3.2be.cc/
                  http://1steuro.net/

Comment

• wow guys, just got the map 2 days ago and I'm sure I'll sleep sometime soon... anyway the dloads from here don't work - anyone know where to get the .c3b file from?

Comment

• Has anyone updated this map since 6.25? I've played several games on this map, and there are some changes I think should be made to North America (especially Canada).
                      • Off the south-east coast of Newfoundland, there should be at least one fish. The fish in this area are what initally brought the English to North America.
                      • Nova Scotia should be connected to the continent. I tried doing this myself, and I'll admit it's hard to do and still have the map look good.
                      • There should be iron in the hills just north of the Great Lakes. Sudbury has one of the richest metal deposits in North America.
                      • The northern-most horse should be replaced by oil. Alberta has almost as much oil as Texas.
                      • Take the fish out of the lakes! None of the lakes in Canada has a big enough fish supply to feed a large city.
                      • More of the tundra in Quebec should be forested.
                      • Add more furs to the northern part of the continent! The fur trade was a vital part of Canada's and Britain's economies in the 19th century.
                      • Add more luxuries to the entire continent. Wine would not be out of place in south-western Ontario (below the goodie hut). Most of the other luxuries would be hard to include in North America, but a case could be made to add gems somewhere.

Sorry for the long list, but it bugs me a bit to see my country misrepresented .

Comment

• nope no-one has updated this map in a long time and put it out for the public.
                        I guess we considered 6.25 the final version in order of gameplay and realism issues. I will take a look on the things you mentioned though.

Comment

• About world maps

Hey,

When I see all the time we all take to make better maps, I think we should contact Firaxis so that they could put all maps in an extend version of the game.
                          I've played with your map and I see that even if there's more space for European civs in yours, the issue remains the same: The A.I settles everywhere, and at the end it slows down a lot the game. I wish I could send a mail to the firaxis team to ask them if it's possible to make impossible to settle in desert and tundra tiles (but still in flood plains).
                          The only way I've found to contact them on the civ3 website is the "ask the civteam" stuff. They didn't answer. Maybe you know how to contact them, well send me an email at marla_singer_13@yahoo.com so that we could talk about it .

Comment

• hm... yeah... probably going to send this map to Firaxis.

Comment

• well ,

nice map , okay it play's ,

lots of fun !!!

Q a barbarian hut without barberians ? we played it 4 times , and 4 times in different locations , yet , camp's , but nobody home , just money , how did ya do this ? there were only a couple like this .

allez , have a nice day , and please make more maps , maybe 256x256 , a world one , hmmm , it would just be a longer world

- RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• yea Marla, I agree with you. It sucks having the AI settle everywhere, even if they dont have enough food and production to make a good city.
                                Firaxis should really deal with this, easiest way might be to make it impossible to settle on desert (not flood) and tundra, just like its impossible to settle on mountains. Maybe also hills.
                                Alexandre Madeira
                                I create worlds. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X