Possible bug involving the Rifleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bug involving the Rifleman

Whenever I move a rifleman unit, I get its attack sound, not its move sound.

Anyone else have this problem?
    "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
    -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Yes. Not sure if it is a bug. I think it's just a sound effect.

Comment

Well, it's a very annoying sound effect.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Just pretend that he's dodging enemy fire when moving to his new position... or something.

Comment

i also experience a similar thing. i am sure thats a bug.

initially, whenever two cavalaries were fighting eaching, i was hearing normal sound effects. however, after some number of turns (about when it started to take significant time between AI turns), i started to experience problems; cavalary to cavalary fights sounded no more; no effects
          Everything else is fine though; cavalary vs. any other unit, etc.

Comment

yeah i noticed that cavalry-cavalry thing too! i thought i was going mad. One thing that does drive me mad is the animation they use for tanks/mech infantry. They look like they're breathing and for some reason it just sparks madness in me. It just looks annoying... (I'm weird I know.)

Comment

Tell me I am not going crazy but I could have swore that I was looking at the rifleman unit and he kinda laughed and went "yee haa" yuck yuck. Am I going mad or did it do that? I am not for sure.. happened last game I didnt have the units that long tho. Thought maybe it was mimicking a rebel soldier or the dukes of hazard or maybe I am going crazy..it didn't do it again.
              Leonid

Comment

Originally posted by Leonid
                Tell me I am not going crazy but I could have swore that I was looking at the rifleman unit and he kinda laughed and went "yee haa" yuck yuck. Am I going mad or did it do that? I am not for sure.. happened last game I didnt have the units that long tho. Thought maybe it was mimicking a rebel soldier or the dukes of hazard or maybe I am going crazy..it didn't do it again.
                I think he does that when he gets promoted. (Regular->Veteran->Elite).
                John 6:68

Comment

Riflemen sneeze!

Did you noticed it, too? Riflemen sneeze sometimes! That´s very funny!!
                  http://www.worldtour.cc/rest/civ/

Comment

I noticed the pikeman coughs alot. It might help for him to cut his habit from 3 to 2 packs a day.

Swordmans constant yawning has me believing he must be an insomniac also..
                    Leonid

Comment

Re: Riflemen sneeze!

Originally posted by MrNett
                      Yes. At first I thought I was imagining things. What the heck is this about?

Comment

Riflemen sneeze!

http://www.worldtour.cc/rest/civ/

Comment

I was running a very combat-intensive game, and after about the tenth turn of combat, most of the combat sounds (the ones involving people) suddenly sounded like Munchkins were fighting. The pitch on voices went way up. The rest of the sounds didn't seem to change, though, so I'm confused.

Too bad you can't edit sounds in the editor.

Comment

I haven't really browsed through the files yet, but I think the sound effects are .wav files, which means they can be replaced at the very least.
                            "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
                            -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                              Well, it's a very annoying sound effect.
                              The most annoying sound effect i've run into so far is the Galley. I've got one out exploring the oceans, and every turn when it jumps the screen to the Galley when it starts to move, the first creaking/rowing/whatever sound is very LOUD. However after the first tile the rest of the moves ar emuch quieter.

I always jump a little in my seat when the gently background music is suddenly overridden by this loud noise that i was only half expecting.

Comment

Working...
                              X