Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making New World Map

Hello All ...

I'm making a new world map. Smaller nations like Europe will be slightly distorted so that they are bigger. Just like the cold war maps. You'll actually be able to put 3 or 4 cities in England. Other continents like Africa and Asia will be squashed somewhat to make up for it.

I've attached a screen shot from the editor. Don't know how long it will take, but I'll post it here when I'm done.

Zeb

Thank you, i was terribly disappointed in the 'huge' world map friaxis sent with the game. after seeing the standard map in screen shots i figure the world map would be a good balance between reality and gameplay, but i feel as though i was wrong.
    Never laugh at live dragons.
    B. Baggins

Comment

a good reason why its hard to make a good earth like map is coz the structure of the land images are not square like and can throw off the edges of the land.

u also can't tell what civ where to start...I hate that..
      be free

Comment

So far I've finished North and South America, Europe, and Northern Africa... I have three screen shots at the link below. Let me know if it doesn't work.

I believe you'll all be happy.

Try this link...

Zeb

Comment

Hey, is this the largest size map possible? CIV 2 had alot more space than this.... didn't it? Yes? No? What size map is this??
          This might or might not be a signature

Comment

Mexico really shouldn't be all desert. . . .

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

I've nearly completed the map. All I have left is Oceana and the Russian continent!

I'll need some help play testing it when I'm done... let me know if you interested.

I've added more screen shots to this link:

I'll post more screenshots as I go.

Zeb

Comment

Hmmm ... that link didn't work.

Here's the correct link:

Keep checking here for new screenshots...

Comment

Looks awesome!

Obvious question: What size will the map be?

Peace!
                  -- Roland

Comment

The map is 180 x 180 the Huge Size map.

Zeb

Comment

How do I make it stop? The switching is driving me crazy!
                      "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hello everyone ...

The map is nearly complete! I have a screen shot of the entire map, plus a couple shots of it in game play.

What I have left to do is make South America slightly bigger, perhaps make Africa bigger, move Hawaii closer to North America, paint in Greenland, some other small cosmetic changes, and that is probably it.

Zeb

Comment

Originally posted by CobraA1
                          How do I make it stop? The switching is driving me crazy!
                          You can't make it stop... I use the plains terrain when the grassland is bugging me. The plains terrain seems to do coast better.

Comment

I meant the Yahoo! slide show. The stop button wasn't working. I wanted to admire your work .
                            "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hey Everyone!

I've fixed South America and a few other spots. That makes me prety much finished with the map. All I have left to do is finish some shape work on Africa and then small cosmetic and game play stuff.

I've played it a couple times starting from Italy and up to Monotheism. It was actually pretty fun. If only you could specify exact starting locations for each civilization.

Here's the links to the screen shots...

Non slide show link:

Zeb

Comment

Working...
                              X