This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW

I cant follow You trough all the projec, in escense (o wathever espell IT) WHATS THE FRUIT OF THIS THREAD? I mean, whast the definitive .... it
    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

• Re: WOW

Originally posted by godinex
      I cant follow You trough all the projec, in escense (o wathever espell IT) WHATS THE FRUIT OF THIS THREAD? I mean, whast the definitive .... it
      I don't get this post.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Re: WOW

Originally posted by godinex
        attempted translation:
        I can't follow you through all the projects. in essence, what is the fruit of this thread, what is the definitive it?

am i close? who do you mean godinex?
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

• thank you, thank you

I bought the game and played it, and when I went to edit it, even with all the posts on this site, pretty much gave up, But by chance I found this thread and can now edit to my hearts content, I read Hex, So with your notes and tid-bits I will edit and edit and edit, with my brothers 3d studio max experience I will be able to have some pretty neat 3d characters to add to the game too,
          Fantasy civ3 here we come....
          EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

• You don't need to know hex to edit...

Comment

• Barbarians by Culture groups

In RACE Section

Barbarians by Culture groups with calculations of them

;AMERICAN (14)
              Mayan
              Incan
              Cherokee
              Anasazi
              Teoihuacan
              Olmec
              Zapotec
              Chehalis
              Chinook
              Apache
              Illinois
              Inuit
              Navajo
              Carib
              ;EUROPEAN (14)
              Saxon
              Vandal
              Goth
              Angle
              Magyar
              Khazak ; (?) Khazar (eur) or Kazakh (asi)?
              Celt
              Bulgar
              Alemanni
              Burgundian
              Gepid
              Hun ; west branch of Hunnu tribe
              Jute
              Marcomanni
              ;MEDITERRANEAN (16)
              Seljuk
              Pheonician
              Estruscan
              Illuryian
              Thracian
              Phrygian
              Gaul
              Minoan
              Mycenian
              Cimmerian
              Ligurian
              Numidian
              Patzinal ; ERROR this tribe is eur
              Sarmatian
              Scythian
              Suren
              ;MIDEAST (16)
              Sumerian
              Assyrian
              Hittite
              Harappan ; 1st entry
              Mauryan ; ERROR tribe from NZ is asi
              Parthian
              Harappan ; ERROR 2nd entry again!
              Nubian
              Sarbadar
              Bactrian
              Circassian
              Cuman ; ERROR this tribe is eur
              Hurrian
              Kassite
              Bantu
              Khoisan
              ;ASIAN (15)
              Mongol
              Shangian
              Yayoi
              Zhou
              Ainu
              Polynesian
              Aryan
              Avar
              Ghuzz
              Hsung-Nu ; east branch of Hunnu
              Kushans
              Yue-Chi
              Sakae
              Uzbek
              Tartar
              ;NONE (1)
              Barbarian

TOTAL=76

May be standard offset of names is 15 strings? 15*5+1=76
              CiviPort

Comment

• Re: Barbarians by Culture groups

Originally posted by Imp. Montezuma
                In RACE Section
                May be standard offset of names is 15 strings? 15*5+1=76
                Yes that's correct. We have 15 tribes for each of the five culture groups plus one generic tribe.
                Mike Breitkreutz
                Programmer
                FIRAXIS Games

Comment

• BIC format for patch 1.17

Just thought I would mention that the BIC format has not changed for patch 1.17 (BIC format is still BIC version 2.10). The values of several fields changed, and I have listed the changes in my reply to this thread.

An interesting side note is that the editor included in the initial release of the patch claims to be editor version 1.17/BIC version 3.0. That version of the editor creates BIC files that are unusable by Civ III with the 1.17 patch, the "new" version of the editor that we must download to correct this is editor version 1.15/BIC version 2.10. Perhaps an indication that more changes are already being worked on?

Comment

• I'll start working out BIC 3.0 (if that what the incorrect editor has) to be able to upgrade my tools faster once it is released. (hopefully they will use it)

Comment

• I jut checked on version 3.0, and the only thing I can see that as changed is that the units have an extra long value, which can't be set from the editor. Defaults to -1

This makes it no need to continue that investigation. I'll wait until next patch to work on the next BIC version.

Comment

• Of the 52 bytes in the WCHR section after the length, Im working
                        on the assumption that its 13 long values. So far ive nailed down the function of the final long value.

long mapsize (0 = tiny, 4 = huge)

Hope that helps at least a bit. Ill post anything else I find out too that isnt already in the thread.

Comment

• terrain properties

Hi,

I'm making a mod with a friend and we've come up with an idea that we think would be really cool. However, we have no idea if it's possible and the posted BIC file format does not seem to have any flag indicating otherwise.

What we want to do is to make mountains impassable. We feel that mountain ranges could be great strategic barriers. Ideally the worker could walk on mountains and make a moutain pass for others to use. But we can deal with this being impossible.

If anyone knows if (how) it is possible to accomplish either of these I'd be really grateful. I noticed there are a few bytes kicking around the BIC file that are still unidentified.

Thanks
                          John

Comment

• BIC version is up to 3.08 as of 3rd April. (An unusable map on Civ3.com had some inside information for me )

Comment

• So, based on the info found in the .bic file, are 2 things possible?

1) can a helicopter be forced to land on a carrier. currently no unit with a "transport capacity" >= 1 can be loaded onto the carrier. can this be overridden in the .bic file?

2) can the bombing range cap of 8 be lilfted via the .bic file?

Currently the civ editor does not allow for these 2 things, however I am now looking toward some kind of binary/hex fix for this, if possible.

And based on what is listed here, it didn't look like one could do either of these, but you guys understand this stuff way more then myself, so I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Comment

• Ok, so in trying to find a solution to the helo/carrier deal, I am looking at two different variables.
                                1) to manipulate it so that air AND land attributes are both checked. I have played with this but have been unsucessful. I have changed teh land/air/sea attribute under PRTO_Helicopter to every number between 00-09 and no luck. I tried inserting a x01 before and after the default value (x02), but as I figured, it corrupted the file. So, does any one know how this might be possible.
                                2) The other option is to find a way to force anything with the 'unload' attribute to accept vehicles with a 'trans. capacity' >0. I have not seen a way to do this in the .bic file. Is it even possible to do in the bic file? or is it hardwired into the .exe file or somewhere else?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X