Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, I just watched this thing take up 99% of the CPU time and over 200 MB of memory on my machine, apparantly frozen. The .bic I was using had both a map and a rules section, so that shouldn't be the problem. I can send or post the .bic if you like. Also (possibly) of note: I'm running Windows XP, don't know if that affects anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Zurai001
      Alright, I just watched this thing take up 99% of the CPU time and over 200 MB of memory on my machine, apparantly frozen. The .bic I was using had both a map and a rules section, so that shouldn't be the problem. I can send or post the .bic if you like. Also (possibly) of note: I'm running Windows XP, don't know if that affects anything.
      Post the BIC. Have you made any specific changes to it?

(That error is most likely that it reads a edited section in the wrong way)

BTW - I only have 128 MB, and the tool works just fine.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
        Here is the problematic .bic file Gramphos!
        See what you can do with it!
        http://www.geocities.com/monkspider/civ3mod11.zip
        I have found and taken out the bug.

In version 0.63.1 the bug is out.

Zurai001,
        If this version works you don't have to post the BIC.

out after 30 downloads
        Last edited by Gramphos; November 17, 2001, 05:40.

Comment

v0.63.2

- Some code worked over, no big changes (that are visible).

This is the last update of today, and I haven't tested it 100%, so I'll not delete v0.63.1 until tomorrow.

Deleted after 108 downloads
          Last edited by Gramphos; November 19, 2001, 14:18.

Comment

That version works perfect! Thanks!

Comment

I'm not able to copy anything with the tool.

After loading a PIC - File, the tool does not activate the copying parts and thus making impossible to copy anything.

Can somebody help me.

Want to include the Latvians as a clone of the English.

Comment

Again for the dumb!

I count myself among the dumb (at least in mod-aspects):

OK, I open the editor and load the BIC file.
                Then I get to the edit rules and want to add a Civ. There is a nice "rename" button but no "add". So: How do I copy a Civ in order to be able to create a new one (same goes for units).

Now, let's say I finally manage to do this. Then I have altered rules in a BIC file with an "all sea" map. How can I make my changes available in a random map or an earth map?? Is there some way to import maps from one BIC file to another? Probably not, so how do I do this?
                Please explain for the dumb!
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

OK, I think I figured out part2: for random maps, I simply push the "generate map" button and save again. Does the "No Map" option in the Tool-Menu allow to apply rules to random maps??
                  Still no solution for the earth map...
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Wernazuma III: To create a new "anything", just copy whatever is most similar to what you want to add. Then just open the editor and scroll to the bottom of the list respective to what you copied, and it will be listed there. So if you copy the Settler unit, at the very bottom of the unit tab box there well be a new unit called Settler. Just edit that and you have "added" a unit.

As for the map, if you choose the No Map option it means the game will be a random map. If you unselect it you must create the map yourself.

As for importing maps, that would be an excellant addition for the civ3copytool

But until that's added, no. You cannot import/export maps.
                    Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Yeah, but where are civs stored?

Comment

• I also just found that lockup bug, but using the new version makes it totally go away and it works just peachily now

Two little notess for you.

1) On the Resources table it says "Terrain to Copy", while it should say "Resource to Copy".

2) On the Improvements/Wonders table wouldn't it be preferable for the textbox to rename the name of the building, rather than the civilopedia entry?

Which reminds me, I've got to add you into the credits of the LWC mod. Without your tool any effective modmaking wouldn't be possible!
                        Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plutarck
                          1) On the Resources table it says "Terrain to Copy", while it should say "Resource to Copy".

That is the result of copy and paste.

2) On the Improvements/Wonders table wouldn't it be preferable for the textbox to rename the name of the building, rather than the civilopedia entry?

I asked for the pedia entry to be able to modify the civilopedia.txt and pediaicons.txt. I maybe will ask for the name as well, but the space is running low. Maybe should make the tool tabbed, but then another vb-control would be needed.

Which reminds me, I've got to add you into the credits of the LWC mod. Without your tool any effective modmaking wouldn't be possible!

How mush can be done with the hacked editor?

Comment

• Please, don't let me alone... In the Civilations table there is no "add" nor a "copy" button, so how do I create new Civs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                              Please, don't let me alone... In the Civilations table there is no "add" nor a "copy" button, so how do I create new Civs?
                              The problem with civ creation is that the art for the forgin advisor is refeered to from the exe (as well as in a .txt file. If they just only used the .txt-file.)

Comment

• v0.64

Now Maps can be imported/exported. (Not as .mod files, but as BIC-files)

31 downloads.
                                Last edited by Gramphos; November 20, 2001, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X