Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but when I go into the foreign advisor screen with my new Civ it crashes. I think I did everything right but I might have missed something. Has anyone been haveing the same problem? And can anyone help me with this.

Thexx
    thexx@onewest.net

Comment

Originally posted by Thexx
      I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but when I go into the foreign advisor screen with my new Civ it crashes. I think I did everything right but I might have missed something. Has anyone been haveing the same problem? And can anyone help me with this.

Thexx
      thexx@onewest.net
      Have you changed the unique color of the copied civ, or is it possible that two civs have the same color. (I can't help you mush befor I have the game. All testing is done by people with the game.)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        sorry to disappoint everyone (11) with the new file that there was an error in the renaming which was caused by a last minute change that only were made in one part of the tool instead of two.

Here is a working version.

No offense, Gramphos, but with the speed that you've been updating this thing, I think I'll wait until you post the final version!

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by tmarcl
          No offense, Gramphos, but with the speed that you've been updating this thing, I think I'll wait until you post the final version!

Marc
          Well, this is the last day of my holy day, so I think the updates will be less often from now. I have schoolwork to attend to. Books to read, and another big program to make for school (before spring). And I can't be awake when the Americans are mush more which means less testing. But I plan a new feature, which I'm not yet ready to speak more about; in case I can't make it as I want it, in the next update.

Comment

with this great util it seems like you can create new civs real nice... but I know wondered if, and if so, how you can get it to show pics/animations of the leader of that civ

[Off topic]with what prog can you view the .bic and the .flc files?[/Off topic]

Grtz,
            Last edited by Frag-Overrule; November 4, 2001, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Frag-Overrule
              with what prog can you view the .bic and the .flc files?

Grtz,
              .bic-files are in binary format and can be loaded with any HEX-editor.
              .flc files can be loaded by many animation programs as Jasc Animation Shop.

Comment

Version 0.51

(that's right I've added a version number)

- Anything else?
                - Oh yes, but mots under the hod.
                - Like what?
                - Well, with this version you will no longer need to set all units to be available to the copied civs.

Except from that I have bad news. The max number of civ spots is indeed 32, but one is used by the barbarians, which makes it impossible to add more then 15 civs.

OUT after 62 downloads.
                Last edited by Gramphos; November 5, 2001, 15:30.

Comment

Only 32! Ah well, I suppose I can live with ONLY double the number...

By the way, by adding these civs, can you still only have 16 in the game? And if so do you think it would be possible to have up to 32 playing at the same time?

I realise that 32 civs in a standard game would be a bit much, but for scenarios (I am think in particular here of modern world scenarios on huge maps) it could be ideal.
                  Later,
                  StarBegotten

Comment

Originally posted by StarBegotten
                    Only 32! Ah well, I suppose I can live with ONLY double the number...

By the way, by adding these civs, can you still only have 16 in the game? And if so do you think it would be possible to have up to 32 playing at the same time?

I realise that 32 civs in a standard game would be a bit much, but for scenarios (I am think in particular here of modern world scenarios on huge maps) it could be ideal.
                    Currently only 16 civs in a game.

I can't tell whether it is possible to play with more, but I highly doubt that Firaxis has any support for it in the mainexe.

Oh, and you can only have 31 civs, one is used by the Barabrians.

Comment

Version 0.60 is ready.

New is a possibility to export and import civs to the bics from another fileformat. Also an error with the copying if you had added any culture things has been fixed.

The new function is useful to copy a civ from one bic to another.

Edited out after 48 downloads
                      Last edited by Gramphos; November 11, 2001, 16:59.

Comment

Another screen. This time with 21 civs (If one can call all of them that )
                        WOW how did you maneged to make that prog witout having the game?
                        Incredible so for example ou can add Poland?

yes i know they aren't 100% "new civ" but..... you can chose city name's and UU for them?

note: don't bother t oanswer on this post
                        Last edited by Mankind; November 5, 2001, 15:52.
                        Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
                        f**k the f****n f*****s!
                        I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
                        let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Version 0.60 is ready.

New is a possibility to export and import civs to the bics from another fileformat. Also an error with the copying if you had added any culture things has been fixed.

The new function is useful to copy a civ from one bic to another.
                          The cancel button in the import dialog doesn't seem to work, so if you don't have a file to select to import a civ from, it just keeps looping and giving you the same file open box. The only way out is ctrl-alt-delete.

Good work overall, btw...I'm finding this really useful. Not everything I always wanted, because of the 'load scenario' bug, but that's not your bug to deal with........
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I downloaded it and uzipped it and when I try to run it I get an error. The Error is below. Let me know if you have anything on this. Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TalonZahn
                              I downloaded it and uzipped it and when I try to run it I get an error. The Error is below. Let me know if you have anything on this. Thanks.

What you need is the vb-runtime. They are 4 zipped files in the attachment limit, and I don't like to post them again. I've posted them at civfanatics. You can get them there. If more people experience this I might make a vbruntime setup and mail to Markos, but I'm not posting them here.

Comment

Originally posted by dv8ed

The cancel button in the import dialog doesn't seem to work, so if you don't have a file to select to import a civ from, it just keeps looping and giving you the same file open box. The only way out is ctrl-alt-delete.

Good work overall, btw...I'm finding this really useful. Not everything I always wanted, because of the 'load scenario' bug, but that's not your bug to deal with........
                                The link between the forms were added in a hurry, I believe I forgot that. I also have more things to export/import, but civs had #1 priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X