Interested in joining a 'mod team'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ajbrea, lets say.. $1000?

I'll do those graphics, I've wanted them too.

About the farms. It's a pity the irrigation doesn't change, because in reality, farms we have today, were not how they were way back then. But I think in the long run, the farms we have today will look nicer on the map, so I will have to choose those different coloured farms, etc

I'm gonna have to wait till I have the graphics files before I can really edit stuff...

player1, I hope that Civ3 can be edited enough in the editor that its almost like reprogramming it. we'll just have to wait and see.

and who knows? they might make it open source?
    be free

Comment

are u guys making a starwars or a ww2 mod

Comment

not me, I am just changing the graphics, but if I come up with a good idea for a mod, I will do that too
        be free

Comment

The current civ3 graphics look horrible, although they did a fine enough job for the military units and program layout. I am going to be re-desiging essential land hex graphics as well, to achieve a photo-realistic, believable terrain which will become the new standard . There will be no extreme physical/contour changes in the present graphics, just a darkening of the colors and readjustment of the awful easter egg tints.

Mountains will look like mountains [grey stone, snow ], not highly obtrusive thorns of red shale. Grasslands will take a darker, rich, civ2 look rather than the current neon moss style. Oceans will simply turn from that kinky ice-jade to a dark aquamarine (kind of like in "real life"). Roads and other engineered overlaps will be re-set in connection (lessen random looking tangle), shrunk, faded, and made MUCH less obtrusive on the landscape.

On top of these basic terrain alterations will be the complete re-design of the city icons. As they are, the icons are a little too large and rigidly defined, thus creating the unbelievable look of an equally dense square block of settlement sticking out of nowhere. The theme of adjustment here will be to shrink, fade, and "stellarize" the look of settlements - and to further blend the defintions of the edge of the city with lower density grid.

There will be no new unit or tech edits, there will be no star-wars themes, there will be absolutely nothing added to the programming or game mechanics. This will be a subtle and SIMPLE redesign of the terrain and settlement icons to provide a realistic and less cheesy look.

I'd suggest that all those keen on creating new units and concepts for the game turn to specified scenarios instead, so we can begin making this new map standard for civ 3. Can I look forward to working with you, sn00py?

Cheers

Comment

On a sidenote... the modern warfare scenario with numerous real life units would be very cool. I wish I could help in some way, but am only good with geographic and urban design. Anyway, can't wait to see the LeClerc, Leapord, T-90, Challenger and Abrahams available in say a European scenario.

By the way, is that Japanese fighter an upgraded F-16 Falcon?

Comment

Zlyka and sn00py,
              Sounds like you are gonna do good work. I look forward to seeing it. The Civ3 terrain graphics aren't bad, but they certainly could be made to look more realistic.

Comment

On a sidenote... the modern warfare scenario with numerous real life units would be very cool. I wish I could help in some way, but am only good with geographic and urban design. Anyway, can't wait to see the LeClerc, Leapord, T-90, Challenger and Abrahams available in say a European scenario.

By the way, is that Japanese fighter an upgraded F-16 Falcon?
                It seems you can't add (many) new units yet. hmmm. I really hope they'll fix this soon in a patch, cause I have plans for a modern-day scenario with tonnes of (civ-specific) units. The number of units will be truly staggering (every nation it's own unique tanks, fighters, etc). I'll probably several scenarios (real and fictional) with the same set of units/improvements/rules. Feel free to offer suggestions on modern-day (1990-2010) scenarios to make, fictional or otherwise.

And yeah, the Mitsubishi F-2 is a variation of the F-16C Falcon. But it's a lot heavier (12,000kg instead of 8500kg), and three times more expensive. It has a lot in common with the regular F-16, with roughly the same capabilities, but there are enough differences in it to make it a plane worthy of it's own name. This aircraft is "only" based on, not copied from, the F-16 Falcon's design. Typically Japanese too, using western technology as a blue-print and then improving on it. All in all not a bad plane, on par with the latest versions of the F-16, but certainly not as good as any of the 4th generation aircraft (typhoon, gripen, rafale, raptor, jsf, super flanker, mig 35).
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                X