I've never seen this before....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re: If any one else wants to play.

Maybe a bunch of us play this out and post our results, say 10 moves per week, and compare notes. The oddities are very intereting.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      Looks like a massively unlikely RNG fluke.
      If this is possible, though, is the "distance between civs" setting in the editor worth anything?

I'm still inclined to think this is an outright bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
        If this is possible, though, is the "distance between civs" setting in the editor worth anything?

I'm still inclined to think this is an outright bug.
        Yes, it is worth something, and no, I don't think it's a bug. What probably happened is that there wasn't enough (suitable) land for them to really be spaced appropriately, in which case it (obviously) ignores the minimum distance between civs that it usually tries to keep. I'll bet that the map itself turns out to be very strange too.

Comment

The settlers will never spawn on marsh or mountain or any other tile that you can't build a city on will they? Is it possible that somehow this map had vast expanses of ocean, marsh, and mountains with hardly any city buildable tiles?
          Last edited by Geronimo; February 6, 2005, 18:42.

Comment

That's what I said

Comment

yeah, but he said it in English....
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                The settlers will never spawn on marsh or mountain or any other tile that you can't build a city on will they? Is it possible that somehow this map had vast expanses of ocean, marsh, and mountains with hardly any city buildable tiles?
                If that's the case... quite a HARSH map!! Don't you wish you had an ATAR UU!!
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                X