No announcement yet.

Torched!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, In the AU "Power of Seafaring" the first target for expansion was a nearby AI island with Ivory. There was a convenient landing spot next to the nearest AI port, and it happened to be a volcano. One of the players (vmxa1? Aeson?) landed a lovely stack there, ready to strike... Crispy Critters.
    "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Yes, it was Aeson... I don't remember if he had actually landed, or was in transit in a neighboring tile. He went on to glory anyway, of course.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yeah it was Aeson, I would have gone to cry, if it happend to me.

Comment

Took more than a volcano to slow Aeson down!
          "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

One OS to rule them all,
            One OS to find them,
            One OS to bring them all
            and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Yeah, well, that's not just the AI... it's the French.
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Never had volcano problems. First time I've seen a city get torched since playing Master of Magic.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                  X