X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torched!!

Before:
    Attached Files
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

After:
    Attached Files
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

MWAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

A closer look:
        Attached Files

Comment

I can't make out the volcano is it in the dark area? So mean, I never cared for them being added to the game as I do not like random event. Disease was enough for me.
          Last edited by vmxa1; January 25, 2005, 23:46.

Comment

You can lose the game on the first turn from a Volcano eruption.
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

The volcano is at 12 from the Scout in the third pic.

The pity for the Babs, given bad CP, is that the right placement would have been at 7 of where Eridu was, but the AI CP algorithm doesn't avoid volcanoes like the plague (pun intended).

I've decided that I *do* like the various random disasters available... volcanoes, the plague, disease, etc. Sh*t happens.

Comment

Love it! I had that happen in an SP game to a rival settler and spear that were headed to my territory. They move atop an active volcano, and it blew, blowing them away. I must have laughed for 20 minutes straight. It was a thing of beauty.

A couple of turns later I settled the target area. Who says there are no godz in civ3???
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

The AI's stupidity regarding volcanos is the one reason I had to switch back from diasters on to disaters off.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In one of my first C3C games waaay back then, a rival civ (Hittites IIRC) built a city next to a volcano, then they got whipped by another civ until their volcano-civ was their last remaining.

Volcano erupted. *POOF* no more Hittites

btw, this led to a rather strange message: "Sir, the Hittites have been destroyed by the rampaging Hittites".

Then again, it wasn't so off. Their own stupidity did them in so it was a sort of collective suicide I guess.
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Eh, i lost a (conquered) Leonardo's to volcano.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

btw, this led to a rather strange message: "Sir, the Hittites have been destroyed by the rampaging Hittites".

Comment

Nice one.

I've decided that I *do* like the various random disasters available... volcanoes, the plague, disease, etc. Sh*t happens.

Yeah, me too.
                          In my current game, I've seen at least 2 cities being destroyed by volcanoes. It's is a pity though that the AI has no idea to handle them.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd love random events on in an all human MP game.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I don't mind Volcanos. They are an annoyance sometimes, but it adds flavour to the game. I never build near them.

Comment

Working...
                              X