No announcement yet.

ICP & Bonus Squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enslaved workers don't have a maintence cost, but do have an oppertunity cost that's higher in porportion to amount of work done compared to a native worker.

Playing an industrious civ, it's almost always better to join captured slaves to cities as you get them. (Exception of barbarian slaves) It's not a good idea to build a worker on a newly captured city though, right most citizen's nationality used and maintaigned.

For a non-industrious one, chances are you can use all the help you get improving tiles. But if you run out of things to do, it will depend upon how many good spots to place extra workers in existing cities you have. If your cities could use a lot more population, your probablly better off freeing the slaves by joining them into your cities.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D

What does this work out to be if you're industrious? 3 to 1?

Only in C3C as earlier vrsions the slaves work at 1/2 the speed of your natives.

Comment

• What about foreign citizens that are used to make workers? Are they completely assimilated once the unit is produced? I seem to recall that some of mine still listed another nationality with a right-click, but never double checked this...
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Foreign nationality workers function exactly like a captured or bought slave.

Originally posted by Rommel2D
          What about foreign citizens that are used to make workers? Are they completely assimilated once the unit is produced? I seem to recall that some of mine still listed another nationality with a right-click, but never double checked this...
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncnunn
            Foreign nationality workers function exactly like a captured or bought slave.
            so you don't have to pay any upkeep if you produce the workers normally so long as they are produced in a city that will use foreign citizens to amke them?

Comment

• Right. Keep in mind that if even one of the city's citizens is your nationality, that's the one that will make the worker.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi
                Right. Keep in mind that if even one of the city's citizens is your nationality, that's the one that will make the worker.
                wow, so my efforts to burn recently captured cities down to one pop pt by rushing worker after worker to reduce the likelihood of flipping has apparently also netted me a huge totally maintenance free workforce. That's a hell of a nice windfall. I had been wondering how I could be barely over my unit support limit with such a vast horde of units in my empire. I guess this is one more reason to avoid the pacifist path.

Comment

• It's only really a windfall if there's more work to do than you have good places to put them in cities.

Originally posted by Geronimo

wow, so my efforts to burn recently captured cities down to one pop pt by rushing worker after worker to reduce the likelihood of flipping has apparently also netted me a huge totally maintenance free workforce. That's a hell of a nice windfall. I had been wondering how I could be barely over my unit support limit with such a vast horde of units in my empire. I guess this is one more reason to avoid the pacifist path.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

• Originally posted by joncnunn
                    It's only really a windfall if there's more work to do than you have good places to put them in cities.
                    why would I want to have foreign citizens in my cities when that is supposed to open the possiblity of city flipping or at least make them unhappy when their home country attacks me again?

Anyway, by the time there is no work left to do my cities always seem to have grown to max size anyway and my work starts all over again as I convert irrigation to mining or I plant and harvest forests to speed builds.

Comment

• And not to mention...POLLUTION!

Sully

Comment

• Would like to hear from those of you that use communism and facism regularly. What are the situations that you convert to them and pros and cons?
                        Thanks!
                        Sully

Comment

• There are three kinds of people:

One that always looks at what's the best that can happen.

Another that always looks at what's the worst that can happen.

And the third that looks at what's likely to happen.

You, my friend, seem to be in the second category.

Really one or two foreigners joined to a city that empire never owned far from the borders is not going to be a significant flip risk and unless you were cutting the happiness situation very close already, is not going to matter much in a war.

Note that forest planting/harvesting only works once per tile. (Early patch to vanilla to prevent it.)

If your peaceful enough, then especally if your industrious you can finish all that really needs done while you have cities that just built Hospitals could use some help.

Originally posted by Geronimo

why would I want to have foreign citizens in my cities when that is supposed to open the possiblity of city flipping or at least make them unhappy when their home country attacks me again?

Anyway, by the time there is no work left to do my cities always seem to have grown to max size anyway and my work starts all over again as I convert irrigation to mining or I plant and harvest forests to speed builds.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                          X