Do you raze Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theseus
    I just *gave away* Shakespeare's Theatre!!!

I'm still screwing around with the Vikings (they are more and more awesome as I learn to use them better ), and I engaging in some nasty pillaging to prune the stronger AI civs... at the same time, I am gifting captured cities to weaker AI civs from other continents, just to mix things up.

Side benefit, btw: The sole Berserker in the city gets teleported home!!!
    when giving away the city were you able to get much in trade for them or do the AI opponents generally attach little trade value to captured cities you offer them?

Comment

Erk, you can't really trade off cities to the AI anymore... this is purely gifting. They do appreciate though.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Just to be mean I soemtime demand a crap city form a civ for peace and then gift it to someone else. Now one civ lost a city and the other has a new worthless one.

Comment

Yep, I do that too. Going to a point that Aeson made about getting GWs, I like to foster unstable geopolitical conditions... distract the AIs, as it were.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

sorry for being late to the party.... but you guys do realize that OLD (usually also obsolete) wonders give you tourism income? Pyramids can give up up to 20 gold per turn late in the game. Not sure of exact figures, since i'ts been a while since i've played.....

Razing old wonders would be stupid IMO. The money is worth it

Comment

Really, so I captured this city from Zululand and it is on a contient that they have all to themself. They have more than twice my culture, so you think it would be smart to try to hold onto that city?

Say it only has 11 resisters and oh BTW, each of the tiles in this captured cities border has at least 60 units on it and some more than 100. I would be stupid to raze?

Oh and if I capture it and hold it they will probably hit me with well over 100 units for then 5 or 6 turns, but I should hold it, after all I could get maybe 20 gold per turn?

If I was so foolish as to raze it, they will not attack me at all, but I would be stupid to raze it?

My point is not that you are wrong, but that there are many things to consider.

Comment

You could always do a palace jump into said city if you happen to have an extra leader

Normally, captured wonder cities are too far away from your core anyway. The corruption removes most of the tourist-gold
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by bongo
                  You could always do a palace jump into said city if you happen to have an extra leader

Normally, captured wonder cities are too far away from your core anyway. The corruption removes most of the tourist-gold
                  is a palace jump with an extra leader just your standard palace relocation using the leader to rush it in one turn?

Comment

I rarely do palace jumps but I have used a MGL for that purpose at least once.

One reason for moving your palace there is that capitols never flip

Comment

No but it could be subjected to being captured in my scenario. By the time you are sure it is safe, it safe from flipping anyway.

This is because I am now razing all their cities.

Comment

It's all very situation dependant. As I don't play againt the AI anymore I have to worry more about competent defence than CFs

Besides, you may want to keep a wonder city just to sucker the AI into attacking you there

Comment

Working...
                        X