No announcement yet.

Easter Eggs in CivIII Conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure they just picked arbitrary times. Probably 12 and 5/6. In any case, they clearly know their target demographic
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I find that funny. You have a programmer siting at his desk and thinks, "What if we do this and add that???"
      "And his word shall carry
      death eternal to those who
      stand against righteousness."

Comment

Yeah, they get bored and do stuff, but the bugs remain. Really cool.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by justjake73

Just saw it, 12:15 AM
          One OS to rule them all,
          One OS to find them,
          One OS to bring them all
          and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

BTW I have been meaning to look this up:

"Elvis Presley's Birthday - January 8, 1935"

In case anyone wants to play a regicide game on that day
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
              Yeah, they get bored and do stuff, but the bugs remain. Really cool.
              Yeah, bugs are way easier to fix than adding brief lines of text!
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                Yeah, bugs are way easier to fix than adding brief lines of text!
                I take that as sarcasm. Right?

Well, bugs are difficult to find, true. But introducing numerous witty brief lines of text doesn't really help finding bugs, does it?
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I doubt it hurts. How many different things have found so far, a dozen? Probably didn't take up more than five minutes and could easily enough have already been overtime or even free time sacrificed. I'm just saying that I recognize that C3C is buggy, but this is probably not a great influence on that fact and that it generally bothers me how often people complain about it, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                    BTW I have been meaning to look this up:

"Elvis Presley's Birthday - January 8, 1935"

In case anyone wants to play a regicide game on that day
                    Or simply change your computer's date to that date the next time you re playing regicide
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                      The bigest Easter Egg in conquests is when you win all nine conquests.

There's also some cool city names on some of the lists and cool diplomacy sayings.
                      Install the RAD video tools and go to Conquests\Art\Movies
                      there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44

I take that as sarcasm. Right?

Well, bugs are difficult to find, true. But introducing numerous witty brief lines of text doesn't really help finding bugs, does it?
                        Aye I can see how that'd add to all of those clutterings but if those programmers had any common sense they'd type up notes next to those lines stating what those were for.
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

Talking about city names, I remember the city of 'not Constantinople' for the Byzantines
                          A reference to the "They Might Be Giants" song of the same name?
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I have always thought it was a reference to the fact that Byzantium, Constantinople and Istanbul are all pretty much the same city.
                            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Without question "Not Constantinople" is a reference to They Might Be Giants' "Instanbul (not Constantinople)". TMBG is mainly popular with computer nerds and other geeks, i.e. the same audience as Civ.

Comment

Except that its an old Tin Pan Alley song, which might appeal to history geeks who never heard of TMBG...
                                Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Working...
                                X