X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it in PtW?

I thought it was in Conquests?

Elvis appearred on his birthday if I remember correctly
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Definitely PTW; I remember seeing the threads about Elvis when PTW came out a couple years ago (I was under a different, older username at the time).

Comment

Elvis appears on his birthday. He replaces the King units (of course!).

Comment

Originally posted by Son of David
          Definitely PTW; I remember seeing the threads about Elvis when PTW came out a couple years ago (I was under a different, older username at the time).
          Well they say the second thing that goes with age is your memory

I thought it was Conquests.

Do the Easter Eggs work in Conquests? Does anyone know?
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Plotinus
            Elvis appears on his birthday. He replaces the King units (of course!).
            Thats it! Thanks for jogging my memory!

Anything else like that that anyone knows of ?

Comment

These are the few uncommon advisor comments I have seen:

Science Advisor when you play late at night: "Sleep is for the weak!"

Science Advisor when you have a huge tech lead: "Compared to you, most people have the IQ of a carrot!"

Military Advisor when you are only civilization with nuclear weapons: "Good? Bad? You're the guy with the nukes."

P.S. The military advisor nuke comment is supposed to be like the comment made by Bruce Campbell in the film "Army of Darkness".
              New American UU: Al Gore-Eliminates pollution and you get "The Internet" great wonder instantly.

New Hittite MGL: Howard Dean(listen to what their UU sounds like when it attacks)

Comment

The bigest Easter Egg in conquests is when you win all nine conquests.

There's also some cool city names on some of the lists and cool diplomacy sayings.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

What happens when you win all nine conquests?

Comment

A short movie gets played that's very comical.
                    It includes crowning you the King of Conquests.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Cool

Looks like I need to start working on finishing the Sengoku Conquest

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly
                        Not really easter eggs but some of the city names ...
                        Talking about city names, I remember the city of 'not Constantinople' for the Byzantines
                        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Science Advisor when you play late at night: "Sleep is for the weak!"
                          Just saw it, 12:15 AM
                          One OS to rule them all,
                          One OS to find them,
                          One OS to bring them all
                          and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Question, how does the game know what time it is???

3AM on the east coast is 9AM in the UK or later, or for that matter earlier if keep going east.
                            "And his word shall carry
                            death eternal to those who
                            stand against righteousness."

Comment

It checks your Windows time, which most often uses your time zone, not GMT time. It's not difficult to do.
                              Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Thanks Modo.

Next question. How does it determine when it is too late???

After 9PM or after Midnight???
                                "And his word shall carry
                                death eternal to those who
                                stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
                                X