Easter Eggs in CivIII Conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Eggs in CivIII Conquests?

There was a bunch of talk about Easter Eggs being in CIVIII Conquests shortly after it came out.

Like on Elvis's birthday, a scientific great leader looked like Elvis or something like that.

Has anyone ever figured out what the Easter Eggs are?

Did anyone ever come up with a list?

Thanks
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Ohh Easter Eggs - my favorite. I'm curious too
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

None that I have seen. I have seen Elvis in a screen shot, but I am not sure if it was from a mod or what.

Comment

Re: Easter Eggs

I would love to know the answer to that question myself. I'll be monitoring this thread for the answers, if there are any.
        "And his word shall carry
        death eternal to those who
        stand against righteousness."

Comment

I think sometimes advisors tells something funny if you play for too long: something like "do not you have a life", but it is very brief I was never able to capture screenshot with it.

Comment

IIRC the military advisor will sometimes say "Sleep is for the weak!" Not sure what triggers it, but playing with your clock set to the early AM will probably do it.

Comment

what did yumbo mean?

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                what did yumbo mean?
                Uh?

There are some funny things foreign leaders say in the negotiations screen, and occasionally the Advisors (eg "It's good to be the King"). Otherwise the only Easter Egg I know of is if you complete all the Conquests, and I haven't seen that one myself.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

sometimes your tank looses to a spearman...

Comment

I have some problems to believe, that things advisors say may be easter eggs. After all, these texts come out of resource files, which may be edited, or even translated in localized versions. And if something is in a resource file, available to modders, it is not an easter egg anymore.

Comment

Yes, if it wasn't for the fact that they can be modded, I'd consider half of the comments by advisors and by foreign ambassadors to be easter eggs.

Other than that, haven't seen any.
                      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Not really easter eggs but some of the city names owe more to Civ fandom than real life history. There was no real ancient Greek city called 'Apolyton' for instance.

I do know what 'yumbo' means, but if I told you I'd have to kill you all .

Comment

bastard

Comment

Originally posted by pvzh
                            I think sometimes advisors tells something funny if you play for too long: something like "do not you have a life", but it is very brief I was never able to capture screenshot with it.
                            There's the "I wasn't even supposed to be here today!" one too.
                            I guess someone had to pull some unwanted overtime.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Elvis appeared as an Easter Egg in "Play the World", I believe the trigger was a certain day of the year (possibly the day when he was born or the day he was reputed to have died, I cannot remember).

No easter eggs in Conquests though. They were too busy rushing it out to even fix the bugs, let alone put in easter eggs

Comment

Working...
                              X