No announcement yet.

Rush Building with Great Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in 5 games is a bit painful, presuming you are getting to many of the techs first after late middle ages. But, I would agree that the rng came be fickled.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
      In theory, it would be possible to get as many SGLs as there are techs. IS that what youare asking?
      Not including the starting techs, of course since nobody can be the first to research those! I don't suppose future techs count either.
      "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

They can if you play without traits.
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          One in 5 games is a bit painful, presuming you are getting to many of the techs first after late middle ages. But, I would agree that the rng came be fickled.
          Indeed.
          I'm almost always first on Banking, Economy and Military Tradition, often on Metallurgy, rarely on chemistry.
          The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Re: Rush Building with Great Leaders

Originally posted by MosesPresley
            In my recent game I have had 4 great leaders. One scientific and three military leaders....
            Huh? How do you get 3 MGL when you can not get a second one if you already have one.

Maybe this is new. I have the C3 complete.

3 SGL and 1 MGL, ok... but not the other way around from what I have read.

Comment

I think he means in total.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib
                No.

I was already building something else when I stole a tech from the AI, then switched production to the wonder from the tech I stole, and then finished the production with a SGL. Wonder was completed next turn.
                That's not possible. If you have any tainted shields, you wouldn't be able to switch to a Wonder. Unless you didn't actually have any tainted shields.

Comment

I thought I answered this question back in November???
                  Anyway, I stand by what I previously posted.
                  "And his word shall carry
                  death eternal to those who
                  stand against righteousness."

Comment

Muad'Dib you cannot rush a wonder with tainted shields and in fact cannot switch to one, if tainted. So that you were able to switch says you did not have tainted shields period.

That you chopped a forrest while building something may be an accurate recollection, I am not sure, but I am sure that the shileds did not go to the city that you were able to switch to a wonder, that cannot be done.

Two things could explain it:
                    1- shields went to another city
                    2- the tile had already had a chop and hence you got no shields for the chop you remember.

Otherwise we cannot accept your version of the events. All of this is for a game that is not modded.

Comment

Actually there's a third explaination:

Vanilla only off the 1.0x CD, not patched.

As to mods, I don't think there's any way in the editor to turn off choping a forest tainting the shields other than reducing shields caused by forest chop to 0.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I stand by my post of November 6, 2004.
                        "And his word shall carry
                        death eternal to those who
                        stand against righteousness."

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib

I stand by my post of November 6, 2004.
                          I am sorry to be beligerent here, but you are standing by something that is not correct. A simple test will show you that you are mistaken.

Here is a test I just ran. Start a game with France as they have access to a wonder right away. Move the worker to do a chop.
                          Set build to a barracks and end turns until the chop is done.

Now try to switch to the wonder and it will be greyed out. I cannot swear that I have knowledge of all possible explanations, but unless you have a very strange bugged version, the best guess is the shields went to another city. Next best you have a faulty recollection of the events.

You flat out cannot have tainted shields and switch to a wonder.

Comment

I've gotta stick with vmxa1 here, Young Atreides.
                            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Here is a test I just ran. Start a game with France as they have access to a wonder right away....
                              From what I have read in this thred, that would not be an accurate test. (note, I agree regarding tainted shields but not interested in doing a test).

I think the correct set-up would be to have tainted shileds in the box with no wonder available, then get a tech that allows a wonder, then try to switch.
                              I think he means in total.
                              d'oh! [ insert stoopid face here ]

Comment

Working...
                              X