No announcement yet.

What does a CIV Trait do for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically, a heuristic solution does not try for the perfect solution, but instead looks for one "good enough."

Why do this? Because for some problems, but the time you compute the perfect solution, it doesn't do any one any good.

For a timely example in the US, say you as a third party candidate are running for President this year and need to visit 10000 cities once each, but have limited gas expense money so want to minimize distance travel. An exact solution may well take so long to compute that once the solution comes in, it's too late it visit any of them!

So instead a popular simple and fast heuristic alogorithm to use takes advantage of the triangle inequality rule to ensure that you travel no more than 2X the min distance, which is "close enough" for you.

However, if instead you waited til the last minute and need to minimize total driving time that particular heuristic algorithm fails! This is because triangle inequality is broken minimizing total driving time. Instead, a more complex heuristic alogrithm must be used.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
      I am going to get to the first post as well.

Ill edit in the changes in another color and let everyone take a look see.
      Con, your lazy... ;-)
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

And I suck too!

Just been kind of busy lately.

Too many Demo games.

Too many PBEM's

Too many RL interuptions

Ill get to it sooner or later
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Re: What does a CIV Trait do for you?

Originally posted by conmcb25
          Does this look like an all inclusive list? What am I missing here?

And is this already posted somewhere? I tried a search but no luck:
          I started a thread just like this a month ago:
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
          X