Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can explain war weariness in detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I can get the same research rate in republic, for the most part. Every once in a while, I'll have a 5 or 6 turn tech, mainly the first tier in the industrial, before my labs are up and running, but once my infrastructure has caught up to the era, so to speak, I'm usually researching at 4 turns and raking in plenty of cash, to boot. The unit support cancels out a good chunk of the corruption loss, and even more in some cases.

Police stations are wonderful for corruption and, yes, they still help WW effects even if you build US. Police stations keep the first 25% of your population happy that would otherwise go unhappy due to WW. US placates one citizen in each city.

Who says civ3 can't be a builder game?
    Bah. Build to conquer.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

war

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
        Of course, if you don't go to war in the first place, everything's fine
        Yeah, but what's the point?

Comment

I dunno. Spaceship victory, I guess, and UN.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            I dunno. Spaceship victory, I guess, and UN.
            Meh.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

UN? Spaceship?
                i AM the future - kane, undying lord of all the brotherhood of nod

Comment

democracy is a good war government- you build up such a lead, any war should be fast, brutal and one sided. quick enough to end quickly- and of course, if things do end up draggin on, raise the luxuries and you will still have an OK research rate so you don;t fall behind, and plenty of money to rush things.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When at war, does disbanding units count towards WW? The new animation got me worried...
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I don't think so, since WW is enemy-specific, meaning it distinguishes who killed your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        democracy is a good war government- you build up such a lead, any war should be fast, brutal and one sided. quick enough to end quickly- and of course, if things do end up draggin on, raise the luxuries and you will still have an OK research rate so you don;t fall behind, and plenty of money to rush things.
                        Republic is better - no way Demo is eight turns of anarchy better than Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          If you'd stayed in Rep, you could've attacked 20 turns earlier, had a more exciting war, and have the enemy dead and forgotten 'fore you'd be ready to attack in Demo.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                          X