Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can explain war weariness in detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can explain war weariness in detail?

I'm curiuos to all the factors that go into it. Anyone know?

alexman, probably

Comment

A couple of links for you, Diss...

From Theseus' Must-Read Threads thread

The CFC article by Oystein

Basically, you accumulate points based on units being attacked, units ending the turn in foreign territory, enemy units ending a turn in your territory, losing units, losing cities, etc. and, depending on your government, see the effects at various thresholds. Once peace breaks out, you gradually shed the WW points until you're back at zero.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I figured no one would know the answer

thanks for the links

Comment

I know that if your in a Republic or Democracy, and go to war, people get unhappy. That's enough

Comment

Hey, I knew the answer. I just couldn't be asked to recall it, you pantload.

Comment

Sure you did

Comment

Errr, knowing where to find the answer is just as good. Besides, I had read the article and thread before... but I've slept since then, Kucinich.

Comment

Sleep is for wussies.

Comment

Pfffffft, the beer tells me it's a very good and necessary thing. Am I the only one that gets the feeling between you, me and Diss this is an OT thread that just happens to be on topic... sort of?

Comment

Uh, yes.

Back OT...

Interesting point is that Republic doesn't face nearly the same penalties as Democracy, because it can't be thrown into Anarchy.

Comment

Not only that, but democracy jumps right to 50% unhappy at level 1. Couple that with unit support and republic has far outstripped demo as my favorite government. It's almost perfect.

Comment

Of course, if you don't go to war in the first place, everything's fine

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                            Pfffffft, the beer tells me it's a very good and necessary thing. Am I the only one that gets the feeling between you, me and Diss this is an OT thread that just happens to be on topic... sort of?
                            well it became that way after the third post it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
                              Not only that, but democracy jumps right to 50% unhappy at level 1. Couple that with unit support and republic has far outstripped demo as my favorite government. It's almost perfect.
                              bah! democracy blows away republic.

can you get the research rates with republic that you can with democracy? I think not.

Lately I've been building police stations. I didn't realize they helped with corruption as well- though not much it seems. Do police stations work if you have the universal suffrage wonder? I build them anyways. I usually have the production to do it at this point. As I have already built factories in all my major cities.

Of course last, game I build police stations in all my cities. But I never went to war the entire game.

Who says civ3 can't be a builder game?

Comment

Working...
                              X