Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I access the Desktop while playing a game of C3C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ does not support 800 at all. You will need to do something to allow it to work in that mode. We have a thread about all the problems trying to get it to run in 800.

Comment

I do Ctrl-Esc (or Windows button, it's the same), and then click Show Desktop button on Quick Launch part of the Taskbar.

This gives you an option to see the Desktop until you click somewere else.

Comment

Problem solved on my part..simply changing the resolution did it for me

I hit the "WINDOWS" key and the letter "D" and that gets me to desktop..not like in Call To Power where you do a ALT-TAB (I mean what other way could there be????)

In game I no longer have the former problems listed above..

Thanks

Questions asked

Questions answered

Case Solved

Case Closed
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by player1
          I do Ctrl-Esc (or Windows button, it's the same), and then click Show Desktop button on Quick Launch part of the Taskbar.

This gives you an option to see the Desktop until you click somewere else.
          But that adds another step..just do what was outlined above and it take you directly to desktop...

Just trying to be helpful

Peace

Gramps
          Attached Files

Comment

The value of the windows key option is you get your start menu popped up. This can be useless or useful, depending on what you need to do next.

Often I want to start another task or open another explorer window, so it saves me strokes then.

Anyway it is just an FYI. I use all three methods.

Comment

Actually, I hate the windows key. It's too easy to hit while playing FPS's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                Actually, I hate the windows key. It's too easy to hit while playing FPS's.
                Dont be a hater!!

The Windows Key is our friend!!

Its there to help and be a good listener..

Show some Love Man..
                Attached Files

Comment

I admit, the windows key is in a very bad position, but it does have its uses. some game you can't hit alt-tab, but the windows key does work- although sometimes it causes the game to crash . It should be moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                    as a follow up I have done half a dozen activities and am also currently playing Conquets and that did resolve this issue!

Thx again one and all!

Gramps "Da Enlightened One" Troll
                    excellent. I learned a lot of this when I was playing the multiplayer democracy games. I would take a screen shot, minimize, then paste to a photo editor. Then save. Then go back to civ3 to take another screen shot and repeat the process.

Comment

Working...
                    X