Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I access the Desktop while playing a game of C3C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I access the Desktop while playing a game of C3C?

I know in Call To power, i believe its the ALT-TAB button and it brings you to the desktop to check email and such..

is this possible for CIVIII: CONQUESTS?

Thanks..just trying to learn is all

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

best way to learn is to just try it out

Answer: It depends.

Although Civ3 can handle it, your system configuration might not. On my computer, it works just fine!

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
      best way to learn is to just try it out

Answer: It depends.

Although Civ3 can handle it, your system configuration might not. On my computer, it works just fine!
      With ALT-TAB?

I have a GIG of RAM and a 2 GIG Processor and 128 Vid Card so I reckon I should have at least the minimal abilities?

Thx for quick response!

Grandpa Troll

Comment

of course with ALt-tab.. how else would would you do it ?

Btw, we could be having the same system, just differently configurated, and ALt-Tab might not work on your machine. As i said, just try it out - you won't break anything

Comment

Originally posted by MattPilot
          of course with ALt-tab.. how else would would you do it ?

Umm..not being a $^^@rT @$$ but thats why i posted...JUST IN CASE!!

Ya know in different shooting games different keys make you move instead of keeping it simple....

Ok..Ill give it a whirl..

I do however appreciate da feedback!

Thx

Gramps "DA GRATEFUL" Troll
          Attached Files

Comment

nope it dont work..but what I am able to do and will work is press my "windows key" to the left of the ALT key and it allows me access to open my email..I hit it again and can open "MY COMPUTER" and then navigate to my desktop....

Long way around and this was why i was asking..because I had tried before and hoped someone had found an alternate route..little quicker

Ok Thx

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Alt-tab might not work if civ is the only thing open.

Try opening something like notepad before starting civ and then trying ALT+Tab

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                Alt-tab might not work if civ is the only thing open.

Try opening something like notepad before starting civ and then trying ALT+Tab
                Well good news and this will work..

Ok i tried the ALT-TAB (hmm WHAT ELSE would work?? j/k!!) and that didnt

Then i tried opening Microshaft Word and ALT-TAB went to that and then i figured what i really wanna do is be able to check my email while playig so i opened my Microshaft Outlook Express and then ALT-TAN and it gores there..

I was just hoping it would be a little "cleaner" like in Call To Power where is did an actual "Desktop" view..

No Problems..Thx for the response my friend..nice pic by the way Kloreep I dun have that great of a memory is that Amadeus?

Peace

Grandpa Troll "Da Grateful One"

Comment

I can't ALT+TAB directly to to the desktop either now that you mention it... strange, I thought I could at one time. Oh well.

nice pic by the way Kloreep I dun have that great of a memory is that Amadeus?
                  No, though the wig certainly looks like that time period. He's the Centauri Regent from the TV show "Babylon 5"

Comment

I've known this for a long time. In fact, it's impossible to directly view your desktop while playing C3, because as soon as you close/minimize the other window it goes back to C3.

Comment

If you are using XP and you should be with any 2+GH cpu, you can just hit the WINDOW key. It will bring up the task bar and you should have your show desktop icon. You can hit that and you will go to the desktop and do whatever you want.

I have been doing that with my XP PRO on 3GH system for more than a year now.

If you are Win98SE, then you should be able to do ALt Esc.

Comment

Any Windows since 98 should have a Show Desktop icon on the taskbar. You have to hit Ctrl+Esc or the Windows Key to get the taskbar. Alt+Tab just switches between programs. It switches to desktop only from certain games.
                        The monkeys are listening.

Comment

I always have the same need.
                          I use win xp, and it's very simple: just CTRL+ALT+DEL, I get the task manager and choose the task I want to use.

Comment

At least on WinXP, hitting WIN+D gets you to the desktop, even if in Civ.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                              At least on WinXP, hitting WIN+D gets you to the desktop, even if in Civ.
                              Thanks my friend..WIN + D does the trick

Thanks again fer da help
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X