Adding Canada as a Civilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Canada as a Civilization

Being Canadian I created them for my Civ game but was wondering who I can include for our Military Leaders or Great Scientists?

I've created the UN Peacekeeper as a special unit. Nothing special just a marine with more defence 2 attack and 10 defence available at the same time as the UN Wonder.

Thanks
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

military leaders

sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

hmm...

I think a couple of canadians something Banting and Charles Best... created insulin...
      Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
      So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
      rocking on everest

Comment

Some Canadian Scientists:

Brian Kernighan - co-inventor of the C Programming Language

James Gosling - inventor of Java Programming Language

Oswald Avery - discovered that DNA is the agent of heredity

Reginald Fessenden - invented the useful radio. Marconi gets credit for the first wireless transmission, yes, but it was a spark transmission system, only good for morse code. Worse, all transmitters interfered with each other. Fessenden invented Amplitude Modulation (AM) which allowed human voice to be carried over a single frequency and for multiple transmitters and receivers to "tune" to the different carrier frequencies so as not to interfere with each other.

Alexander Graham Bell - well, sort of. He wasn't Canadian but he spent over 30 years in Canada off and on and made some of his breakthrough discovers while in Canada.

Comment

Re: Adding Canada as a Civilization

Originally posted by Tian Dan
          Being Canadian I created them for my Civ game but was wondering who I can include for our Military Leaders or Great Scientists?
          You'll have to look at our early history for military leaders, we don't exactly have a tradition that creates them. A couple would be Brock and Montcalm, the ones who duked it out on the Plains of Abraham. I can't think of their first names though. Samuel de Champlain comes to mind as well, though I'm not really sure if he was a military leader or not.

Comment

pamela anderson is canadian.... your army would probably follow her into battle!

Comment

Maybe instead of MGLs Canada could have Entertainment GLs. They could have a pacifying effect on other civs. Neil Young, John Candy, Joni Mitchell . . .
              "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

and Rush!. Rush is cool.

And Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey. Jim Carrey. I could go on and on.

why are Canadians so damn funny?

Comment

Some British Military guys stationed in Canada way back when a couple of 100 years ago might be an idea for MGLs.

Comment

Celine Dion and Bryan Adams. You can give them to a rival civ and 5 turns later be guaranteed of a declaration of war.
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Can't think of any military leaders. If you could have advisors like in Civ2 I'd replace Elvis with Geddy Lee.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

James Labrie
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Adding Canada as a civilization reminded me of a (probably unintended) joke attributed to Gandhi:

Unknown: What do you think of Western Civilization?
                          Gandhi: I think it would be a great idea.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

bah! what does he know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              and Rush!. Rush is cool.

And Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey. Jim Carrey. I could go on and on.

why are Canadians so damn funny?
                              Because Canada was created purely for their funny accents and hilarious comedians. That is Canada's purpose in this world.
                              I always hear about the innocent bystanders. Where are all of the guilty ones? -Vince278

Comment

Working...
                              X