Bugs For the Next Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ
    wow great posts guys. i can only hope someone at firaxis SEES this thread and DOES something about all these bugs.
    AAHZ, I am glad to see you are keeping the topic of bugs that need fixing alive, I do not think that crossing fingers and hoping is enough to ensure Fraxis devotes proper time to sorting things out.

You might want to look at this thread, especially the detailed summary Alexman provides in his updated 1st post.

Especially note the >OTHER BUGS (introduced in C3C) < paragraph at the end of his post

Comment

The rumored MGL bug is a MGL that can rush Great Wonders. (Perhaps among other oddities, I can't recall the details.) It's only been reported by 1 or 2 people though, and many have had bugless MGLs.

Comment

Interesting. Because I tried to rush a GW with a MGL on accident. It didn’t work. The conditions for this bug to work must be very specific I take it.
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:24.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'm not sure if it can really be called a bug and whether it was already reported or not, but there is an inconsistency between the F11 demographics screen and the vicotry progress screen. The demographics screen often shows my population number and that i'm #1 in the world, but the victory progress one tells that I have, for example, 20% of the world population and my strongest rival is Sumeria with 25%.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                I'm not sure if it can really be called a bug and whether it was already reported or not, but there is an inconsistency between the F11 demographics screen and the vicotry progress screen. The demographics screen often shows my population number and that i'm #1 in the world, but the victory progress one tells that I have, for example, 20% of the world population and my strongest rival is Sumeria with 25%.
                Though relatively minor, this is definitely a bug. I've seen it on several occasions.

Edit: I stand corrected based on LC's post below. However, I don't see the reason for the difference, since it's just confusing.
                Last edited by Aqualung71; June 14, 2004, 05:41.
                So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

any idea if the wizards of Atari / Firaxis will read or even respond to this thread
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    It's not a bug. The demographics go by the city population numbers (10k for a size 1 city with no stored food, and so on), while the victory screen goes by the sum of all city sizes.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It's been said elsewhere, but since nobody mentioned it here yet, how about the fact that the AI doesn't seem to use armies.

I actually played the scenario rise of rome (as rome) and when I reached carthage, there was an army there with one unit in it. The city was full of units, but the AI did not load them and never moved the army.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ

i honestly would not mind them responding if only they READ this thread and FIX the problems mentioned.

ALSO ive heard mention of it but what exactly is the submarine bug?
                          The sub-bug is when an AI civ accidentally runs into one of your submarines and automatically declares war on you, even if you were allies or had a mutual protection pact.

Comment

Originally posted by Argos65987

The sub-bug is when an AI civ accidentally runs into one of your submarines and automatically declares war on you, even if you were allies or had a mutual protection pact.
                            This comes about since Subs are supposedly invisible to many unit types.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                              any idea if the wizards of Atari / Firaxis will read or even respond to this thread
                              Fortunately they really don't need to read this specific thread, as they know these things already.

Unfortunately. well, I think you know where that is headed...

Comment

Working...
                              X