Bugs For the Next Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs For the Next Patch

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:22.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Re: Bugs For the Next Patch

Originally posted by AAHZ
    ANOTHER bug i have noticed i call the Barbarian Massacre. Say there is a barbarian village to my north ,and the AI is to my south. As long as that village remains the AI will try to kill it. if not by units he has up there, then by a HUGE amount of units it will send up through your territory and kill the barbs. at first it will look like the AI is staging a major invasion against you. but he is in fact going after the barbs. this has happened in almost every game i have been in, and i feel it is MAJOR overkill. i wonder to myself, why dosent the AI use these same tactics vs ME?
    This is not only a problem because the AI doesn't use this against you, but if they are sending a large portion of their military out of their core, that leaves them open for you to take advatange of - just because of some barbs that never threatened them anyway.
    "Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Comment

Re: Re: Bugs For the Next Patch

Order of the Fly

Comment

new bug NOT found

i think im may have found a new bug that NEEDS to be fixed. three-man chariots DO NOT seem to be able to upgrade. at least i never tried to upgrade them to knights, but they DO NOT become obsolete when you have cavalry and WILL NOT upgrade. in fact they are STILL on by list of things to build.

will update further if i hear from firaxis (told them about the bugs), or if i find any more bugs that need to be fixed.

CORRECTION- it appears that i was mistaken and 3-man chariots DO upgrade, it appears i didnt have the MONEY to upgrade them. but why they are still on my build list is still a mystery. sorry for the error.
        Last edited by ZEE; May 18, 2004, 17:22.
        Order of the Fly

Comment

Re: new bug NOT found

CORRECTION- it appears that i was mistaken and 3-man chariots DO upgrade, it appears i didnt have the MONEY to upgrade them. but why they are still on my build list is still a mystery. sorry for the error.
          They're on your build list because either (1) the city in which they appear as buildable does not have iron (for knights) or saltpeter (for cavalry), or, more likely, (2) you haven't had your GA yet. Until you have your GA you are able to build your UU, even if one or more upgraded units are also available (i.e. Egyptians can still build war chariots in the industrial age if they haven't triggered their GA). Trigger your GA and the 3-man chariot will disappear from your build list.

Catt

Comment

Speaking of upgrade irritations … I am finding annoying occurrences of the “forced switch”. Prior to my golden age, if I am building, say, Gallic Swordsman after Feudalism, and I discover a new tech – it will be automatically switched to MI, often spitting it out of the city that turn if the build is completing. So now I am stuck with a one movement unit I did not want nor ask for.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

No contradiction at all. I probably was not clear.

What I am saying is, prior to my Golden Age the build order automatically changes to MI when I discover a new tech. Not just Feudalism, but any tech afterward. I still have the ability to build my UU and can go back into each city queue and change them manually back to Gallic Swordsman. For the GS that were to be completed on the same turn as the tech discovery however, I am, as they say, S - out of luck. That is the source of my irritation.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
                  No contradiction at all. I probably was not clear.

What I am saying is, prior to my Golden Age the build order automatically changes to MI when I discover a new tech. Not just Feudalism, but any tech afterward. I still have the ability to build my UU and can go back into each city queue and change them manually back to Gallic Swordsman. For the GS that were to be completed on the same turn as the tech discovery however, I am, as they say, S - out of luck. That is the source of my irritation.
                  Yes, that is a real PITA. I've only ever noticed it with Gallic Swordsmen - not noticed it with other UUs, but that could be as much circumstance and inattentiveness as anything. Completing an empire-wide build-up of GS only to have a few slow-moving MIs in the mix is a real frustration.

(BTW - there is one manual way to avoid this, but it requires attention to detail. When the science advisor pops up to select the next tech, choose "What's the big picture" and from the tech screen go to the domestic screen at F1 - by right-clicking on all the new MI productions you can manually switch them back to GS before the first MI is built).

Catt

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:23.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

The GS thing isn't so much a bug as poor implementation. I think there's more important things to fix, like the siddamn submarine bug.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Catt
                        (BTW - there is one manual way to avoid this, but it requires attention to detail. When the science advisor pops up to select the next tech, choose "What's the big picture" and from the tech screen go to the domestic screen at F1 - by right-clicking on all the new MI productions you can manually switch them back to GS before the first MI is built).

Catt
                        Thanks Catt. I do pay attention to my build order, but it’s never occurred to me to go into the other screens from the “big picture”.

Comment

A corollary to Catt's advice, in case anybody was unaware: You can sort your cities on the F1 screen by what they're producing, to avoid that one MI sneaking through after you've changed several others (not that the need for sorting is a big deal at that point in the game).
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Re: Bugs For the Next Patch

in addition to the barbarian bug CyberChrist has noticed, i feel that 2 bugs i know about should be fixed.

The first one has been posted on this board before but there was no big demand to fix it. i call it the Random American bug. in this bug, whenever, or most of the time, when you culturally link start locations, AND randomlly select your civ, almost all of the American culture group is in the game (America, Inca, Maya, Aztecs, and Iroquois). i play with culturally linked OFF, but i would still like to have the choice.

ANOTHER bug i have noticed i call the Barbarian Massacre. Say there is a barbarian village to my north ,and the AI is to my south. As long as that village remains the AI will try to kill it. if not by units he has up there, then by a HUGE amount of units it will send up through your territory and kill the barbs. at first it will look like the AI is staging a major invasion against you. but he is in fact going after the barbs. this has happened in almost every game i have been in, and i feel it is MAJOR overkill. i wonder to myself, why dosent the AI use these same tactics vs ME?
                            hi ,

either go to war , they learn after two times

or place units on the border to block them , ....

or put a couple units in the AI 's territory and wait till they ask you to leave , ....

but the best thing with the huts is to take them out yourself , .....

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Re: Re: Bugs For the Next Patch

Last edited by ZEE; April 22, 2011, 06:23.
                              Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                              X