No announcement yet.

Pollution Sucks big time!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On polution tiles in civ 3 itself, it's basically a non-issue. By then almost all occurances of polution will be close enough to the rail network to clean up all in one turn. Just costing you a few turns doing under tasks (probably railroading or converting irrigation to mines)
    The other thing that can be an annoyance is if you had a city with exactly enough net production to build an improvement / military unit in even turns. The thing to do in that case is to build something that you have a slight surplus in shields for so when the polution occurs, it doesn't slow down production.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Forces of Nature

You know, they could incorporate pollution into a collective "Forces of Nature" option that would in some ways make Civ similar to Sim-City. I'm talking about things like Floods, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Blizzards, Pestilence, Drought. These sorts of environmental features would hamper city development and even combat, if you think about it. For that matter, they could incorporate it into Seasons - Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall.

:idea This would be more realistic in some ways - think German seige of Stalingrad in the severe Russian Winter. Movement in all affected squares increased by 1. Units outside of a city may suffer loss of 1 hit point per turn.

Regardless of how they might implement something like this, it should be an option that can be checked off/on. In fact, I think Pollution should be a checkbox option - it does detract from the out-and-out would-be conqueror mentality.

Comment

Instead of orange goo, why not glowing, greenish-yellow goo? By the way, the glow should pulsate...that is...flash slowly...and occasionaly spawn Mutants.
        Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

What I have noticed is a kind of "death frenzy" for pollution. I build transit systems and recycling plants and am down to maybe two or three pollution per city, which should make the possibility of pollution 2-3% for each city. Instead, pollution seems to explode!!
          One OS to rule them all,
          One OS to find them,
          One OS to bring them all
          and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Somehow, I have a feeling that the AI's cities starting to putting out a lot of polution about the time I'm cleaning up mine by installing those structures is increasing the chances of my cities producing polution.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
            X