No announcement yet.

C3C PATCH 1.20 (finally here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess what is really refreshing, is that the crowd of blind believers and apologists has thinned out to a more appropiate mist or faint fog! However, this is a very small consolation!
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Well I humbly suggest 1.15 as the best going, so far as concerns the Firaxis team of bug enhancers. Otherwise, mayhap try another game? Oh well, I've run out wit....
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

This must be a joke, there're a lot of silly bugs in this "patch".

Also, why the official web page www.civ3.com still have this posted??..

Notice: Unfortunately, the non-Beta patch for Civilization III: Conquests will not be ready for several more weeks. We are working hard with Atari to finalize the localizations. Once this has been completed the patch will be posted immediately. We thank you for your support, and ask that you please accept our apologies for the delay.
        Sorry for being kind of rude, but this can't be true. At least for me. I know Firaxis/Atari provides a service with more quality.

Fortune and Glory, here I come!!!.
        Indiana Jones
        Spanish Empire Civ for Civilization 5 (in Spanish/en Español)

Comment

But it is a joke

Unfortunately not an intentional one - as the patch is available from both firaxis and atari as official and non-beta:

http://www.atarisupport.com/newfaq/c...play=DOWNLOADS

http://www.firaxis.com/downloads_pro...oduct=10,12,13

Comment

The patch is still registered in the install/uninstall list. But it has a different name from past installs. It is called C3Conquestsv120. Why they changed the name I don't know but that should make it easy to uninstall.
            Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
            Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

1.22 is out...it's grrrrrrrrrr-eat...

Well, its still pretty lackluster. I'm disappointed at Firaxis; though they did make their statements of apology and corrected their problems quickly, the glitchy patch should have never made it to market-this is not their first glitchy patch after all (Which people forget).

Comment

We did not forget, it is just not life and death, so we get on with things. Flaws in games is not exactly unheard of, but we can still play.

Comment

Patch looks fine so far, with 1.22.
                  Its great to see City views are back now.

The new combat rules seem to make warfare harder, appears to make things fairer, a small unit can hurt a bigger one more, but i've only tried it for 5 minutes so far.

Error: Small graphics bug (in 1280 mode?) , Ship etc Loading boxes in the bottom right don't fully clear, leaving a bit of rubbish on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
                    The new combat rules seem to make warfare harder,
                    Eh?

Comment

ok, is 1.22 the final update, or is there one to fix it coming soon ???
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

They haven't said it's the final patch, but I wouldn't expect another for a while.

Comment

hmmm, thanks
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I just saw a rumour in another thread that a final patch is planned for the summer. Whether or not this has any basis in fact I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              I just saw a rumour in another thread that a final patch is planned for the summer. Whether or not this has any basis in fact I have no idea.
                              hi ,

well with all the problems of the last patches , and some other things it would seem wise to do so , ....

indeed rumours are getting stronger to this , ..... but its a wait and see as they have never told anyone wheter or not a patch will be released , ...

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

One would hope they would be descent enough to patch the game so that it had NO errors....
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X