No announcement yet.

V1.15 BETA Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes like so many posts recently, I want to start by thumbsing up the interaction.

However, the 'vision' we are told Soren had all along looks absolutely nothing like the Civ3/PTW situation. Are we to believe that Soren accidentally made the FP give a new set of city ranks? And screwed up the way those city ranks worked anyway?

Also, Alexman said the OCN increase was IIRC 10% in 1.13 rather than the 50% advertised.........has this been fixed?

Also I presume the FP still acts to reduce distance corruption but without creating new city ranks, but the initial post is hazy on this. It's quite bad that after the info release each time I await Alexman's posts to see if corruption model works as advertised.

Don't want to be any trouble (I know it is still a testing patch at the moment) but more info please Jesse.

Comment

One question to developers:
      Will this patch be released at atarisupport.com like v1.12, or will it be as unofficial as 1.13?

Comment

As stated above this is still a beta patch, so it is certainly 'unofficial', whilst still coming from official sources. There would be little point in putting it on the Atari website, seeing as there has been such a rapid succession of patches recently, and maybe more to come before the final one.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Jesse - just to clarify, when are the "Currently Targeted" items you identified in this thread (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=105283) targeted for? Will they be in a future beta, or do we have to wait for the public patch?
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            So its 10% from courthouse, and still 5 from police stations? not too shabby.
            No, it is the building flag 'reduces corruption' that has this effect, so Police stations will undergo the same change as courthouses.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Also is it safe to continue a game under this patch that was started in 1.13 or do we need to start new. In the earlier patches it was ok.

Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Probably best to start anew........some people mentioned problems with continuing games started with old patches.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by Gramphos

No, it is the building flag 'reduces corruption' that has this effect, so Police stations will undergo the same change as courthouses.

ah, had I thought about it, I would have realized that to be the case, thanks

Comment

If this is going to be posted on the Firaxis site and we need 1.13 as well as 1.12, does that now mean that 1.13 will be posted there as well and changes from a review patch to a Beta patch?
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                      Its never been that high, unless I'm horribly mistaken. Its only ever given me a shield or two back even in otherwise potent cities.
                      I don't know how horrible this is, but the civilopedia says courthouses only affect corruption. If it doesn't decrease waste, as this implies, that would explain why no one is noticing alot of shields being saved.

Didn't courthouse effects get changed from modifying local corruption directly to modifying the OCN for that city? Was this when the 25% was knocked down to 5%?
                      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Just to clarify, Courthouses still cut distance corruption in half, and increase the OCN by 25%.

New in this patch is the fact that a city without a courthouse has a maximum corruption 90%, but with a courthouse it has a maximum corruption of 80%.

Police station effects are cumulative with courthouses, so a city with both will have just 1/4 the distance corruption and 50% higher OCN, and maximum 70% corruption.

Jesse and Soren: as I mentioned elsewhere, the FP does not increase the OCN by 37.5% as you said it would. In 1.15 it's about half that much (around 20%).

Comment

Thanks for the scoop alexman. It was like a ping pong ball going back and forth and I was getting a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                            New in this patch is the fact that a city without a courthouse has a maximum corruption 90%, but with a courthouse it has a maximum corruption of 80%.

Police station effects are cumulative with courthouses, so a city with both will have just 1/4 the distance corruption and 50% higher OCN, and maximum 70% corruption.
                            So every city with courthouse will be guaranteed to be at least 20% productive.
                            And every city without it will be guaranteed to be at least 10% productive.

That's good, since courthouse always makes a differece, and there are no more irrational 95% corrupt cities.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

It isn't a straightforward 25% of corruption returned. Remember that some cities with say 10 wasted shields will not get back ANYTHING from a Courthouse. According to alexman's thread,

some bunch of numbers

So, as you can see...

RIIIGHT, I see that CLEARLY.

Can't wait to try the new model in my ever so scientific 'try and see' method.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by JesseSmith
                                IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE V1.12 & V1.13
                                Recommended but not required? Why do we need the earlier versions? Doesn't the 1.15 stand alone?

I have 1.12 installed and do I need to install 1.13 before 1.15?

Comment

Working...
                                X