V1.15 BETA Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1.15 BETA Release

BETA PATCH! Public Release will not be until the end of February so if you aren't interested in reviewing it please do not use it!

Make a backup of your original Civ3Conquests.exe, jgl.dll, and text\labels.txt

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE V1.12 & V1.13

Items for v1.15 BETA (1/12/04):
    * Corruption was set by Soren to meet his design. The Palace is the only Corruption Free Civ Center. All other cities are affected by their distance from the palace, WLTK Day, Governments, Corruption Reducing Buildings, Corruption Policeman, and the # of cities in your empire. Courthouse effects inscreased from 5% to 10%.

* Updated AI Strategies in Conquests: Mesopotamia - Galley (Naval Power), Enkidu Warrior (Offense), Rise of Rome - All legions (Defense OFF), MesoAmerica - Acali & Great Acali (Acali:Unload/Upgrade & Naval Transport, Great Acali (Upgrade Unit OFF), Age of Discovery - Javelin Thrower (Offense), Missionary (Capture, Offense), WWII Pacific - Fighter Bomber (Bombard!)

* Fixed Random Civ MP Launch OOS

* Secret Police HQ no longer gives effects corruption OR OCN bonus when player leaves Communism. Fixed error with Government required buildings not turning off.

* Updated Civilopedia.txt Forbidden Palace to explain that all cities are still affected by distance from the Real Capital.

* Updated Civilopedia

* Updated PediaIcons.txt

* Fixed Credit Typos

Any effect of FP on OCN?

Comment

'Corruption was set by Soren to meet his design', respectfully what does this mean? And what differences if any from 1.13 which I now finally have matured in a on-going game to test by building the FP. If I am correct, the OCN was additionally extended 50% in version 1.13? And I note the FP created another Corruption Free city. So far I like these two enhancements.

Additionally, Raising the Courthouse impact to 10%; is this a hard-coded design change?

Sincerely,
      Many gracious thanks for all your deligent and hard work!!
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

so corruption the way soren intended it? intriguing. can't wait to finish my current game and give it a whirl.

(love these new patches coming out right and left, though too fast for llittle me to play much more than a full game each!)

Comment

Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by JesseSmith

Items for v1.15 BETA (1/12/04):
          * Corruption was set by Soren to meet his design. The Palace is the only Corruption Free Civ Center. All other cities are affected by their distance from the palace, WLTK Day, Governments, Corruption Reducing Buildings, Corruption Policeman, and the # of cities in your empire. Courthouse effects inscreased from 5% to 10%.
          I thought the Courthouse reduced corruption by 25%. What's with this?

Comment

Thank you for the update Jesse.

Comment

Thanks Jesse! You guys are doing a great job of staying on target, even after opening up the beta patch.
              Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see how things work now.
              "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

tell me how this is

I just played my first multiplayer 1.12 game

unfortunately it ended when my freind (and the host) had his harddrive fail (Really sucky)

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Ongoing product support is a good thing. There, I finally said something nice about Soren and his Firaxian buddies. I expect my penis to promptly fall off.

Comment

Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by BigFree

Its never been that high, unless I'm horribly mistaken. Its only ever given me a shield or two back even in otherwise potent cities.

So its 10% from courthouse, and still 5 from police stations? not too shabby.

Comment

Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Is it possible that what was meant is either:
                      5-10% additional, or
                      an additional 5-10% of 25% (i.e., as much as 27.5%)?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Its never been that high, unless I'm horribly mistaken. Its only ever given me a shield or two back even in otherwise potent cities.

So its 10% from courthouse, and still 5 from police stations? not too shabby.

Let's say you had a city that was making 10 spt before waste and 6 after. Those 4 'wasted' shields represents ~40% corrutption rate for that city. Now, the Couthouse is built. It reduces the corruption rate for that city by 25%. So 25% of .40 = .10 or 10%. So, 10% is what I gain back against corruption; which in this case is one shield. At least that's the way I thought it worked.

Comment

Even if for several reasons I haven't yet tried Conquests, I can't avoid to express my huge satisfaction seeing Fireaxians are working very fine about the support and they are releasing BETA patches that IMO is the best way to perfectly tune a patch.

My copy will wait until the end of February before beeing tested but again, my best compliments to give players this kind of support !

Well done, and keep up the good work following players' suggestions

Gunter

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: V1.15 BETA Release

Let's say you had a city that was making 10 spt before waste and 6 after. Those 4 'wasted' shields represents ~40% corrutption rate for that city. Now, the Couthouse is built. It reduces the corruption rate for that city by 25%. So 25% of .40 = .10 or 10%. So, 10% is what I gain back against corruption; which in this case is one shield. At least that's the way I thought it worked.
                            It isn't a straightforward 25% of corruption returned. Remember that some cities with say 10 wasted shields will not get back ANYTHING from a Courthouse. According to alexman's thread,

Corruption% = 100 * (Fd*Fg*Fi*Ft + Fc)

Where the Courthouse effect is in the Fc term.

Further,
                            Code:
                                      Ncity / (2*Fn*Nopt),         if Ncity <= Fn*Nopt,
                            Fc =     
                                      Ncity / (Fn*Nopt) - 0.5,     if Ncity > Fn*Nopt,
                            And the Courthouse part itself slots in as N in

Fn = d*(1 + g + fp + imp*N + c)/100

with Imp = .25 for non-Communist governments. For simplicity's sake (and the fact I have never used it) I will omit the Communism case, and only look at the case where there are less than the optimal number of cities built.

For a given constant value of all other values, building a Courthouse will result in Fn changing from d*(1 + g + fp + c)/100 to d*(1 + g + fp + c)/100 +d*0.25/100 (a difference of d*0.25/100). So the increase in this value Fn due to a Courthouse depends also on d, which is the %age of optimal city number for this map.

Then, Fc changes from Ncity/(2*Fn0*Nopt) to Ncity/(2*(Fn0+d*0.25/100)*Nopt), which is a decrease of (after a little expansion)
                            (d/200)*Ncity/(2*Fn0*(2*Fn0*Nopt+d/200*Nopt))

Note: Fn0 is what I have Fn to be before the Courthouse was built, ie Fn0 = d*(1 + g + fp + c)/100

Now the actual corruption in the city goes from

100 * (Fd*Fg*Fi*Ft + Fc) as above

to 100 * (Fd*Fg*Fi*Ft + (Fc - (d/200)*Ncity/(2*Fn0*(2*Fn0*Nopt+d/200*Nopt))) )

Which itself is a decrease in corruption of 100*(d/200)*Ncity/(2*Fn0*(2*Fn0*Nopt+d/200*Nopt))

So, as you can see (if not very clearly), building a Courthouse changes the corruption in a city by a value that depends on the city number, the optimal number of cities, the percentage of the optimal city number constructed so far, g (Government form), fp (whether you have an FP or not) and whether you are Commercial or not. Phew!

In other words, the Courthouse's effect is modified by every other corruption altering effect, so just do the spreadhseet to calculate it for yourself, unless you really need to practive your calc like I just did.

Oh, and BTW this worked for PtW - Soren alone knows what it is really like in C3C right now.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

While I certainly appreciate the continuous support, I completely fail to understand, why this stuff wasn't thoroughly tested in the prolonged and well-manned beta phase.

Comment

Working...
                              X