No announcement yet.

V1.15 BETA Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is true that this option should be possible. But my gripe is with the way they sell it. If they said, "the change to the FP doesn't affect the possibility of building it on another continent and receiving a boost, even though the FP it now weaker" I'd be happy.

I also think this is an intuitive response to the strong FP that we've seen thus far. I just think it's a little implausible to claim that was the way it was intended all along. As far as I can see they saw the feedback here and at CFC and decided to nerf the FP a little. Then they realised it was better than their plan and decided to claim it as their own from 2 years ago.

Call me a cynic, but I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Comment

Perhaps, but it is possible there was a vote at the time, or the original plan was lost, or deemed lesser by others. This could well have been the original plan, before a revision for some reason.

'There was a vote'..... Yeesh. Too many Demo Games....
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

This new setup obviously makes the FP more significant on maps where distance corruption dominates over city rank corruption. Which means for empires which can expand more or less in all direction around the palace get the least benefit for it, while those on archipelagoes, or where you end up with a long, thin empire get much more benefit from the FP. This could take a while to get used to the new FP placing schemes.

Comment

Interestingly, it means that those who start out at or near the tip of a peninsula are given a more powerful FP than those with a nice start position. Yeah, I realize I'm just restating what you said in different words, but...

In a multiplayer game, a player who doesn't move their palace in this situation and then builds the FP will have a greater FP effect than one whose starting position was central. This is balancing.

In single-player... it will probably slightly help an AI in this (or actually any) situation, as they already tend to build an FP in a low-rank city.

I don't really like it though... too much corruption-fighting power washed away. Yeah, for the humans only. So somebody teach the AI to build its way out of a paper bag, already.

USC
          "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

You know, until alexman does a thorough study of it, we will not know what the REAL implementation is.

Comment

Originally posted by Risa
              Ahem.
              A new version of Alcohol120 or Daemon Tools will work.
              I have a problem with 1.148.1222 with no ability to set the read speed. But you are correct, it did worked with 1222, I had to pull that version though.

Sorry for going so far off topic.

Comment

This sounds like a very good addition; I'll try some more normal games rather than all the mods that are made up at present. Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  I THINK I understand everything except for one part - the city rank bit.

logical explaination minus all mathematics...
                  Thanks.

The mathematics portion of my brain is being tied up elsewhere and not working on Civ at the moment.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I am now annoyed, since I thought it only affected empire corruption, and thus saw no reason not to build it next to my capital.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Is anyone else noticing 1.15 launching _reaaaaaaallly_ slowly? It takes about 5 or 6 _times_ as long as it used to - 15-20 seconds at least just to get to the Atari logo video.

I mean slooooow. Prior to 1.15 I had no problems like this. I had 1.12 and 1.13 installed when I installed 1.15.

Anyone else?
                      "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

I can't say, but I suspect that they had used the latest copy protection which is a method detecting read times from spirals.
                        It propably is the cause of any delay (just a guess and could be all wet).

Comment

They would change something like that in a patch?
                          pre-1.15(1.0, 1.12, 1.13) things were groovy, but it just seems to load extra slow now. /shrug I'll try a defrag and scandisk. Maybe I'm just running too much and not rebooting enough.
                          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Dumb question maybe, but I'm getting C3C today, and of course want to use the best version. But which patch can I use? I live in Norway, so I guess I'll have to have some kind of European version? Where do I get that? I checked the official site, and there it stands that I have to have an american version of the game?
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by ducki
                              They would change something like that in a patch?
                              pre-1.15(1.0, 1.12, 1.13) things were groovy, but it just seems to load extra slow now. /shrug I'll try a defrag and scandisk. Maybe I'm just running too much and not rebooting enough.
                              Well, after some investigating, I could pretty much confirm that between 1.00 and 1.12 there is a difference in protection (newer version of SafeDisk).

So something similar could be possibile with 1.15 too.

Comment

Originally posted by ducki
                                Is anyone else noticing 1.15 launching _reaaaaaaallly_ slowly? It takes about 5 or 6 _times_ as long as it used to - 15-20 seconds at least just to get to the Atari logo video.

I mean slooooow. Prior to 1.15 I had no problems like this. I had 1.12 and 1.13 installed when I installed 1.15.

Anyone else?
                                I haven't noticed that, but it does seem that save games load slower. Ofcourse this could be my imagination.

Aggie
                                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Working...
                                X