No announcement yet.

Saltpeter is soooooooo very important!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone through entire games without horses. I could do without uranium as well depending on how close I am to winning.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well, as many games can end before the modern age, uranium and aluminum may never come onto the map.

Comment

aw I read it above and agree with it totally, if you don't have ot and they do, then go and get it from them....

then leave their cities in ruins
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          I can tell you, in my game as the Dutch I didn't mind not having Saltpeter all that much
          Evil evil Dutch!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            If I don't have a resource I need I take it.
            That sounds good, but is not always pratical. Say you need saltpetter and none iis on your contient. You can get to theirs yet, now what.

Maybe you can get to theirs, but they have muskets and calvs already. You may have the tech, but no saltpetter remember?

Oh the pain

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              If I don't have a resource I need I take it.
              And yet you criticise Bush...

Comment

This is where being a good Machiavellian pays off. Whether it's a permanent situation (you only want to trade for it but don't really want to conquer the resource) or as a way to allow yourself to build an army of conquest, finding out what a supplier lacks can be helpful.

It reduces your gpt costs of doing business, if you can throw in a luxury or a resource of your own into the deal. Sometimes, it even pays to go to war to nab a resouce/luxury you don't really need but your supplier needs. This can create profitable long term dependencies that can keep an important ally out of all future MAs against you.
                AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

And yet you criticise Bush...
                  dammit, i was so going to go there!
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Saltpeter is one of the LEAST important resources, as someone said earlier.

Rubber - the be-all, end-all, gotta have it resource
                    "Got the rock from Detroit, soul from Motown"
                    - Kid Rock "American Badass"

Comment

Working...
                    X