No announcement yet.

Govt balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, to be real, I really don't think any modern republic would degenerate into "anarchy" if democratic reforms were enacted.

That is one aspect that I think is wrong with the gov't switches.

Sure, anarchy can be enabled for a dramatic switch from despot or monarch to higher forms , but to think that any modern civilization would fall into total, chaotic, burn the house down anarchy if reforms were made from repub to demo is just, well , stupid i think.

bad aspect of the game.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I'm thinking that under Republic, you should have the most free unit support for type 2s and the same amount of support for type 1s and type 3s.

Don't increase type 2 though, just reduce 1 and/or 3. This should provide an incentive to get out of the Republic when you build Hospitals.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

enderw they can if they are religious. I think the cost of swithcing is too high and it makes having all those governments moot.

Comment

there is no balance
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I think 2/2/2 solves both problems with Republic, maybe.

2 free units per town makes Republic viable for the early game builder who gets stuck without rivers.

2 free units per city knackers the Medieval/Industrial war monger who is riding Republic with higher commerce, low war weariness, and high support limits for cities/metros to global domination on land and in science.

I'd have to play it out though.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

good idea
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Good thing someone else proposed it earlier.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

ya

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                    I think 2/2/2 solves both problems with Republic, maybe.
                    Although 1/2/2 should be OK too (to promote some use of Feudalism.

Comment

Builders don't want to go a war monger govt path.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

but feudalism doesn't have to be war monger

it just enables you to do some better

and it saves a tech

and certain strategies should be weaker in different circumstances (like builder when there are no rivers or lakes)

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

good point

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            Builders don't want to go a war monger govt path.
                            War monger path?

Feudalism has war warrines you know?
                            And 3pg per unit support.

Free unit support just helps it to earn some money without trade bonus of Republic.

P.S.
                            Although when we are at Govt balance, I think that Feudalism could get unit cost switched back to from 3gp to 1gp (while keeping WW) and still stay balnced.

Because, Monachy would still be better when having mostly cities (higher upkeep, no WW), Republic would still be better with trade bonus (if having not to many units).
                            And Despotism would still keep some small use, if in need to get rid of WW and still have great number of free units (4 units per town, no WW).

Comment

For every city I conquer and starve down to 6 pop, how many more free units do I gain?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

It's very rewarding of conquest.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X