Armies DO Have Combat Bonus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stuie

Actually ANY unit will heal in enemy territory without Battlefield Medicine, it's just very, very slow for non-army units; not sure what the exact numbers are. Once you build Battlefield Medicine, the healing rate is bumped up to a HP/turn for non-army units.
    No, you cannot heal in enemy territory w/o Battlefield med. You can heal in neutral or friendly territory at 1hp/turn/unit however. It is possible that armies can heal in enemy territory in C3C.
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyOlde
      You mean your 3 knights weren't veterans? Or were they?
      No, 2 elite and 1 veteran knights in an army vs. 1 knight (maybe veteran, perhaps elite) on a hill. The army was at either 11/14 or 10/14, and the knight on the hill was, I believe, wounded.

Regardless, the army keep losing out... I refused to accept reality, I kept attacking the knight, thinking angrily to myself, "Ce n'est pas possible. This is madness. This one shoddy knight is fighting back my ARMY of knights?". And I lost the army.

Moral of the story: It ALWAYS pays to be cautious.
      You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• Got milk?

A thus far horse-less Mayan game... many, many MedInfs and Longbows provide for a formidable slowmover force.
        Attached Files
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• And god bless Firaxis again for sorted unit lists!! Look at that, it evens sorts the units in the Armies!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

• Now if they would only put Zoom to City / Fortify option at the top of the list. It can be a real paint to scroll down a big list. Finding those arrows under stress iis not my fortay.

Comment

• It gets worse...

Poor Aztecs... I now have my first C3C 4xTank Army.

/me feels like a proud new father.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Say hello to my little friend.

Comment

• Amy and I just watched the re-cut of Scarface.

"First you get the money... then you get the power."

Appropriate, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Bomber

No, you cannot heal in enemy territory w/o Battlefield med. You can heal in neutral or friendly territory at 1hp/turn/unit however. It is possible that armies can heal in enemy territory in C3C.
                    Yes you can:

Here's the list of changes to the Civ3/PTW Epic Game Units.

All
                    • Healing in enemy territory (healing amount is increased with the Small Wonder - Battlefield Medicine)
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by Stuie

Yes you can:

Ok. This was changed in C3C and I didn't get the memo...
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                      X