Any complaints about Conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BulMaster
    My sole complaint for now is that the dip problem is still not fix it has worse. I'm tired for the AI to remind who i betrayed and on the same do it on and the other AIs and only be bothered by my betrayal. They should make the AI forget after some time. It's annoying to be reminded in 19**ad that you betrayed somebody in 3000BC :S. That's my view though you might be happy with it I'm not and now even you havn't met a civ when you betrayed somebody it seems to know :S somehow!
    Well, the Israelis and Palestinian/Arabians have been fighting over disagreements from before the Roman Empire and they still remember.

Comment

touche!

Just ask a Korean or Vietnemese about China...or vice versa.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

They don't necessarily remember what it was, but they know they don't like each other.

Comment

I always think it is funny when people sometimes defend a game trait in civ by citing real world examples, but others tend to defend unrealistic game traits by saying "hey, it's only a game! How realistic do you expect it to be?!"

In other words, I don't think anyone is standing on firm ground when they defend civ 3 game aspects with real world examples, when many others have told players regarding their complaints "deal with it, it's just a game".

civ games in general are a mixed bag of reality and..well..whatever the designers wanted.
          While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I don't disagree with your posting, vee4473, but I am one who likes to draw the parallels from the game to real life. I think of civ as a model of the world we live in.

Sure there are some imperfections, a certain lack of detail, certainly there are limitations, but its not sci-fi, it stuff that really happened.

The only time I would say "it's only game" is when someone would argue a very detailed point...like...The Roman legions are too strong, they quality of the iron ore in Italy is not so pure, based on my google search of iron ore mines in the Trieste region. Therefore their iron swords would not be as strong, which obviously should reduce the attack strength by one point.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

although that does give me some ideas for civ4. I think most civs should just shrug off old wars over time.

But maybe there should be one civ who would be considered a "rival" and would not be friendly with you no matter what (they wouldn't necessarily attack you all the time- they would just never move into the "polite" category). I dunno, just an idea.

Comment

Working...
              X