Any complaints about Conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any complaints about Conquest?

Just wanted to know before I buy. I read the good things about it, but would like to know about the bad things. Been burnt buy getting Civ3 and it wasn't what it was hyped up to be.(yeah I know old story)

I don't play Multiplayer so I am only looking for single player functions.

Davor

ps i am going to read the bug thread but want to know about just bad things about Conquests being pet peevs or bugs or something you just don't like about it

I have no issues so far and have not seen much posted either. If there were big time issues, I would think somethign would have popped by now.
    I mean, new stuff, not the I hate the combat type.

Comment

My biggest issue rignt now is that its not available for the mac. I do have it for my laptop however. But, on a mac... [heaven]
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

A problem I have is that whenever you start a 'Civ Content' scenario the City View is gone as well as the Palace view isn't available. It's available in a regular game that you start, though. As far as I know it wasn't like this in PtW or Civ3.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

They made bombardment attack units first always.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Why dou you think this is a bad thing Warp?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It makes the game even easier if you use large stacks of arty and the AI doesn't.
              Seemingly Benign

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                ...and they left out stack bombard...

Comment

Lest we forget
                  Seemingly Benign

Comment

This is easily modible, but I like playing by standard rules too.

Workers are now Airliftable Someone must have decided that this was not unbalancing and added it to the main game.

I assumed that this meant everything reasonable was now going tobe airliftable... get ready to send some Arty 'Over There' and ... No Airlift button.

Broke out the editor... went through the unit list. Aside from the basics (you can't airlift a sea vessel)... The following units do not have airlift checked.

Settler - Ok I can see a few circumstances where this may be unbalancing.

Scout
                    Explorer - If you have flight, airports, and you got an airbase on another continent, theres no reason you shouldn't be able to airlift either of these units.

Leader
                    Army - Understood, Leaders and Armies were designed to be used in the field... no need to go home.

Catapult
                    Hwach'a
                    Cannon
                    Artillary
                    Radar Artillary

Come on folks. - I can Airlift Flak and SAM's, but not artillary?

Just an argument for a realistic and not IMHO unbalancing change to the game base rules.

Thanks

Kevin
                    ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Originally posted by kwpulliam1973
                      Military Leaders:
                      This made sense when you could use them to rush wonders and pretty much anything, but I am not so sure it is a biggie now.

I have not seen any Science Leaders, so I am wonder if they are a concern either.

Comment

I have yet to get a science leader either. Getting a SL when playing on an advanced level is going to be challenge due to AI trading techs -- although I can't get a feel if AI tech whores the same, less or more than PTW... anyone?
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

It is hard to say. I don't know if they are trading or getting free tech from being first. Some civs are way behind, some are doing fine.
                          Maybe someone running a debug game can speak to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                            Getting a SL when playing on an advanced level is going to be challenge due to AI trading techs
                            Why would trading of techs affect your chance of getting an SGL at all? Only the first player to research a tech has the shot at the SGL. AFAIK, buying them or getting them for free does not give you a shot.
                            Seemingly Benign

Comment

It makes the game even easier if you use large stacks of arty and the AI doesn't.
                              Does the AI use artillery offensively yet?
                              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Working...
                              X