Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool v1.12.5 (C3MT) - Unofficial Civ 3 editor (fourth thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi...
    I'm getting on this error:

Run Time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set

What can I do to makeit work?

I'm using WindowsXP. I'm Administrator, and the Civ version is 1.29f.

Attached the log...
    Attached Files

Comment

• Everytime I try and save the game after editing it the program crashes before it saves it. All I tried to edit was the amount of gold I had, am I doing something wrong/missing something here? Any help would be nice, Im using Win XP Pro under an admin account. Thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I am logged on as Adminstrator. It appears that it has something to do with the size of the file. If I use Save Game editor on a file which is early in the game it works ok. I try it on a later file then it crashes on me.

Chris

Originally posted by Gramphos
        The current version of C3MT only runs as privileged user on Windows XP. I'll look into that for later versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by techie_chris
          I am logged on as Adminstrator. It appears that it has something to do with the size of the file. If I use Save Game editor on a file which is early in the game it works ok. I try it on a later file then it crashes on me.

Chris

At what state does it crash? When you load the save or when you try to resave it?
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• It crashes after I modify the file and am trying to save it. It loads it just fine.

Comment

• hi again...

I had installed my windows XP again...

but still it can't open the save game...

some messages I get:

Code:
              Error While listing races: Object variable or With block variable not set
              Code:
              Error while listing civs: Invalid property array index
              can you supply some help, please?
              Thanks in advance

Comment

• News??

Good Evening Gramphos

Do you have any news for those of us who play DYP and cannot modify games with your SGE?

I DL'd ver 1.11.3 and still no joy!
                KATN

Comment

• no, I'm currently busy with peparations for my winter holidays, so I've not had time to look at it yet.

Comment

• how can I add new civs with this editor without changing an old one?
                    ~::Tha Mezz::~

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

At what state does it crash? When you load the save or when you try to resave it?
                      When I load the save. It looks like it gets loaded and then it crashes.

Chris

Comment

• everytime!(all three hehe) I open the "save game editor" it goes through about a gajillion cannot find... blah blah blah prompts (something like C:/program files/infogames/Civilization 3/art... blah blah blah, what the hell does this mean? and then it opens... to what I must assume to be normal mode, then I try to load my fricken save game and I get an infinite number of(yes infinite, Im still trying to reach an end to them) of prompts reading

Heading: Civ3MultiTool

Error while listing levels: object variable or with not variable not set

then an almost calming OK button that only brings up an identical prompt when pressed.

The error not only prohibits me from using product, but also from quitting it, seeing as you wrote the error, what does it mean? I'm sure you want some sort of log file... I wish I knew what that was... I hope this is it...
                        down there...

Comment

• hrmm, I tried attaching it, lets try again
                          Attached Files

Comment

• well I guess I'll try that other save game editor, hopefully I'll have better luck there... perhaps it was created by someone taht knew what they were doing. oooo (hehehe that ought to get him on the ball) no but seriously a little tech support please. I mean I've waited a whole five minutes here. I'm just givin ya ****

Comment

• Well I think I found the real log file you wanted. but I'm not sure I want to give it to you. basically Pallete loading failed, and version check failed. and then possibly more problems with loading the save game. Is there a patch or a pinnacle I can use to fix these things?

Comment

• Does the log report your CIv3 directories correctly?

Comment

Working...
                                X