Question about tourism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really really cool.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      Tiberius, just click on the link "Tourist Attraction" for the description ...
      Darn! Have to wait another 5-6 weeks to do that. Sometimes I will open a full-size screenshot and try clicking something as if it's the real game.
      HAHA so it's not just me that does that. I do it ALL THE TIME.

Comment

I do that too!
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I agree with the steampower idea. Not only do rails allow for mass transport but the early industrial era was when a middle class with funds for leisure began to develope.
          "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

This is what the Firaxians said in the CFC chat:
            Chieftess> can u explain how tourism works?
            After 1000 years some Wonders start to produce an extra 2 commerce, it increases with time
            Its only for Wonders that could be a Tourist attraction...for instance the Pyramids qualifies, but no tourists ever "visit" the Theory of Evolution
            Tourist Attrations increase commerce to the city, this commerce increases the longer the wonder is around.
            "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Tourism is amazing, and I am looking forward to seeing this in operation
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Yep, that's pretty clear now what tourism means in Conquests.

* sigh * It could be so much more ... But hey, it's a good start!

Apparently there is no tech requirement, and a wonder will start generate extra gold depending on its age. I don't know if anyone has thought about it, but we will have a very good reason to build otherwise not so good/important wonders: Hanging Gardens, Great Walls, etc. It'll worth building even obsolate wonders ( extra culture+commerce, and no maintenance!)

I'd have asked whether captured wonders will generate extra commerce or not. Normally they should.
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Don't bash hanging gardens. It's a great wonder

Comment

A specific link between tourism revenue and type of government, or just use existing government revenue calculation.

Also, should tourism revenue drop to zero if you're involved in a war?
                    Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                    X