Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: AI cheating : please remove this issue in Conquests

Originally posted by Gunter

I do not see any units above my cities,and even if I had turned this option on I wouldn't see how many ones and which ones.

Assuming that I find wrong to see if a city is full or empty,correct ?

Gunter
    ah.. i think i'm getting your point:
    try going to the preferences window (CTRL-P iirc) and set the option "show units over cities" ON.
    you'll always see the active unit or -if none of those are active- the one with the highest successful defence probability (basicly the one who'll defend if the city gets attacked).

however, gunter, the AI knows if a city is well defended or not. if you see him coming towards a city of yours and you place 20MIs inside, he's bound to look for another city to attack.
    not really fair, but hey... there are people who still can beat the computer on deity levels nearly every single turn...
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Re: AI cheating : please remove this issue in Conquests

Personally, I find the AI is so mindlessly predicatable in going after underdefended cities almost regardless of number of turns away and nearby units in positions to block it that I beat the AI more throughally because of this feature than I would if the AI didn't know about it.

Originally posted by Gunter
      Several times in CIVIII AI attacked me into ancient times ( where there were no spies ) always in the only city where I had for a moment no defense units.

This is not luck,bacause the AI every time have choosen the only city " empty " choosing among dozens city.

Please make it real

Gunter
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Gunter, in case joncnunn's point isn't clear to you:
        Make the AI's omniscience regarding your unit placement an advantage of YOURS.

Remove units from a city, perhaps even putting them in an adjacent (roaded) tile. Now that you have the bait, all you need is a trap. Guide them into a narrow valley (or any grassland/plains area), and slaughter them.

Hopefully the AI won't always fall into this idiocy in Conquests.

Comment

Working...
        X