X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merepatra
    I work for BreakAway
    Ahhhh ! I have looked so long for someone from Breakaway. Why ? Just to cry havoc for not having been chosen as a French betatester !!!!!!!!!! (after all I start to know a little about Customization).

OK I have calmed down now.

Nice to see someone from your team follows the forums...
    The Great Armada scenario

Comment

All the screenshots released are from one of the Conquests scenarios or the Conquest random game, though many are from early versions which may have placeholder art still in place.
      Thank you for clearing that up. I can stop looking now!
      Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

Comment

I didn't understand if in Conquests I will be able to play from 4000 to infinite maybe using units present in scenarios or some default units.

I won't buy the game if this feature wasn't inside.

Thanks

Gunter

Comment

if you want an infinite game, maybe simcity is more appropriate for you.

as for civ3: you can edit that the game lasts longer... e.g. increase the total turns. infinite probably won't go, but hey... where's the fun when all civs have researched all possible techs, all cities are fully developed and all you can build is wealth?
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
            diplomacy changes will slow down development/exploration a lot.
            This point is now being discussed on the strategy forum.

Comment

I work for BreakAway
              Ah, its nice to see somebody from Breakaway
              Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Gunter
                I didn't understand if in Conquests I will be able to play from 4000 to infinite maybe using units present in scenarios or some default units.

I won't buy the game if this feature wasn't inside.

Thanks

Gunter
                use the samegame editor, and set the number of turns to whatever you want. it's not infinite, but then... neither are you.
                it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Originally posted by LouLong
                  Why French team, are you French too ? I mean you seem to live in Germany ! Oder habe ich ein Fehler gemacht ?
                  Yup, I'm French, but I'm studying in Germany
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
                    The article is wrong

There are 9 scenarios.
                    hi ,

well actually there are going to be at least 9 , we might end up with a couple more , .......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

That would be a nice hope (But just a hope)

I remember it being said that the original plan was 8, but they moved it up to 9. I wouldn't count on them having enough time to move it to 10.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                        if you want an infinite game, maybe simcity is more appropriate for you.

as for civ3: you can edit that the game lasts longer... e.g. increase the total turns. infinite probably won't go, but hey... where's the fun when all civs have researched all possible techs, all cities are fully developed and all you can build is wealth?
                        hi ,

one answer ; " WAR "

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I find war to get boring after awhile if I don't get breaks (When I have to deal with a lot of city production)

It would be nice to play beyond the victory point in a scenario (Like you can in the regular game).

Comment

but then the problem isn't the limited turn count, but the victores which stop the game.

it would be interesting to try and get more than 1 victory type (first diplomatic, cultural and city culture), then domination and finally conquest... :lol

Comment

Finally!

Originally posted by sabrewolf
                              but then the problem isn't the limited turn count, but the victores which stop the game.

it would be interesting to try and get more than 1 victory type (first diplomatic, cultural and city culture), then domination and finally conquest... :lol

YES!! Ever since I started Civ III, I have been thinking "why not have a number of victory conditions in one game?" So what if I launch my spacecraft first, I could still be obliterated by another civ. I'm not very experienced with it, but could that be a mod?

Comment

i don't think so. victory is victory.

all you could do is turn off the victory conditions and try to get them (e.g. have a UN vote, win it, and continue on playing).
                                it's just a bit difficult to know, if you've reached the domination or culture victory limit.

Comment

Working...
                                X