This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaos XIII
    Then there is the cool looking priest/ monk unit, reading from the book. Hmm.....is this guy, just another soldier? I don't think so, there must be some new ability for this guy. Of course, this is all speculation.
    I'm pretty sure he his the scientific leader. He is the guy I linked in that entry.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

He isn't the Scientific Great Leader... he is from one of the Conquests you don't have listed here yet

Comment

Originally posted by Merepatra
        He isn't the Scientific Great Leader... he is from one of the Conquests you don't have listed here yet
        Oh OK, Link removed
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Now, when they say it will "come complete with all the content" of PTW, do they really mean everything? IE. if I don't have PTW, I won't need to even bother buying it, cause Conquests will give it all to me.

Comment

And i´m still waiting for an improved City View!

I´m afraid that monk copies the function from the Age of Empires, where it served for taking units for your cause. I think about this because the new Slavement ability might fit in the monk, making it look too much like the monk in Age of Empires.
            "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

A monk with "unit conversion" ability? I think that would be a bigger leap than CIV should make.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Great thread!!

Include new Tech: "Military Training".

Include "Oligarchy" government type.

Source: http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp...uestspc/01.jpg
                Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                  Great thread!!

Include new Tech: "Military Training".

Include "Oligarchy" government type.

Source: http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp...uestspc/01.jpg
                  From the jump-map in the lower left of that screen, I'm guessing this is a scenerio pic. Probably the Roman one, or maybe Cradle of Civ. Which means that the tech and gov. type you noticed are likely to be scenerio mods. Still worth noting, but we do want to be sure they are noted in the proper location.

A ? on that screen. Its hard to make out with FoW, but what's the greyish silver blob on the hill left one and down two from the town of Croton? Is that iron, or something else?

Comment

Great job!!

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleyn

From the jump-map in the lower left of that screen, I'm guessing this is a scenerio pic. Probably the Roman one, or maybe Cradle of Civ. Which means that the tech and gov. type you noticed are likely to be scenerio mods. Still worth noting, but we do want to be sure they are noted in the proper location.

A ? on that screen. Its hard to make out with FoW, but what's the greyish silver blob on the hill left one and down two from the town of Croton? Is that iron, or something else?
                      My guess would be the Roman Scenario. The map appears to conform fairly well with the boarders and regions surronding the Roman Empire.

I think you may be right about the greyish silver blob, but it looks as if it may also be a small ruin.
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

hi ,

thanks a lot Spiffor

lets hope you shall be able to fill in those blanks really soon , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

The pikeman thing looks like a portuguese UU...

diplomacy changes will slow down development/exploration a lot.

Comment

Very nice !

I prefer your look a lot !
                            Maybe I will try to do something along those lines at civfanatics but I am not sure it is posible.
                            Good I checked here before copying my thread here as well
                            The Great Armada scenario

Comment

The monk unit is very interesting. I hope he isn't just the Scientific leader. A unit like this with new abilities that we have never seen before would be sweet. Oh, and I just hope that all his new abilities and any other new abilities they create will be added to the editor.
                              For your photo needs:
                              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                                The pikeman thing looks like a portuguese UU...

diplomacy changes will slow down development/exploration a lot.
                                I'm willing to bet its Dutch
                                Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X