Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added several new items, many of them as requested. Pls let me know if I forgot something.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I forgot I should actualize also the Apolyton attachment - so I did it only now.

Comment

The direct link to the GL index works again. The domain worldonline.cz is changed to tiscali.cz.

Comment

I added:
          Supply and Demand Calculator v2 beta, Trade basics, Space Ship Analysis, Yo-yo obsolescence, A guide to ICS (could anybody help to find more strategies? I remember Xin Yu's 5-size, starlifter's Power Democracy, La Fayette's 5-arrows ...).

Comment

What happened to all of the GL #1 links? All lead nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by granite00 View Post
              What happened to all of the GL #1 links? All lead nowhere.
              All those links have an old format. IIRC these old threads co-existed with new the ones, without a possibility to post. But it looks they were thrown away

Comment

New links have been added:

Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civilization 2: Test of Time
                The Civilinic Books
                Dye Copper bug - a patch
                Tips & Tricks for New Players
                Map Analysis
                Civ II Link Index Page
                Game mods
                Trade Route Formula
                Host Tech Removal Tool
                Map Generator for Civ II
                Everything about Hex-Editing III
                various Skyer's modifications

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker View Post
                  All those links have an old format. IIRC these old threads co-existed with new the ones, without a possibility to post. But it looks they were thrown away
                  Well, the links are in an old format, but also the old threads were inserted into the vBulletin database. So they are still around it's just a question of finding them.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

You mean they were converted and exist with different links?
                    True, for example Distilled Civ Tips and Notes works in GL#2, but has a broken link in GL#1.

Anyway some threads were lost in past (before the conversion), for example the famous The Civ2 Battle Equation Solution

Comment

You mean they were converted and exist with different links?
                      True, for example Distilled Civ Tips and Notes works in GL#2, but has a broken link in GL#1.
                      If we could get some snips of the threads maybe we are able to find them. I may have to rebuild the search index for that. But could be worth a trial.

Anyway some threads were lost in past (before the conversion), for example the famous The Civ2 Battle Equation Solution
                      Well, that already was an archive thread before. I don't know whether that was converted.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                        Well, that already was an archive thread before. I don't know whether that was converted.
                        -Martin
                        it looks that thread has been lost during the UBB->vBB conversion (see this post), and so it can't be retrieved?

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
                        If we could get some snips of the threads maybe we are able to find them. I may have to rebuild the search index for that. But could be worth a trial.
                        The only snips in GL#1 are the names of the links, but apparently these don't contain the exact thread names.
                        Also only Scouce Gits can edit GL#1, and he wasn't here long time.
                        Last edited by SlowThinker; August 10, 2011, 21:05.

Comment

it looks that thread has been lost during the UBB->vBB conversion (see this post), and so it can't be retrieved?
                          I could copy some stuff from the old server to my hard drive before it went offline. But those old archives aren't in there. I only found the UBB threads.

I have:
                          Forum1
                          Forum3
                          Forum6
                          Forum7
                          Forum21
                          Forum28
                          Forum35
                          Forum36
                          Forum37
                          Forum41
                          Forum44

The only snips in GL#1 are the names of the links, but apparently these don't contain the exact thread names.
                          Let's see:
                          samson - 1890AD OCC size 1 - random map!!!!!!!

is actually, well without the highlighting:
                          OCC size 1 revisited

Also only Scouce Gits can edit GL#1, and he wasn't here long time.
                          I am sure, I could change this. PM me if you want to get more involved and tell me what else you could do for Apolyton.

-Martin

Comment

One year ago I have been asked by rofldong what happened to the links in The Great Library Index #2. I am retired from Civ2, and so I noticed his request only now.
                            Anyway, I am not a member of the site staff, an mainly the staff should be able to explain what happened to all those links. All I know is that links worked in 2011.

My ideas:
                            - IIRC in past in similar situations some "lost" threads were still retrievable from Apolyton, either by googling or by help of site admins
                            - what about archive.org? https://apolyton.net/forum/civilizat...nloads-backups
                            - it looks some people managed to find lost threads, look here: https://apolyton.net/forum/civilizat...mparison-games , https://apolyton.net/forum/civilizat...7-lost-modpack
                            - some my texts are here: http://home.tiscali.cz/cz045662/
                            - Info: Combat, Info: Settlers and Engineers should be retrievable from some my old disk. Let me know if you want it.
                            - Some texts might be saved at Civfanatics, you might want to start here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...ex-page.89646/
                            Last edited by SlowThinker; September 17, 2020, 16:57.

Comment

Working...
                            X