This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCO
    I think you need to work on better categorization. Very sloppy. Get a thought heirarchy. Read the PYRAMID PRINCIPLE.
    OK, prepare a better one please.
    Last edited by SlowThinker; January 5, 2004, 15:56.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

You will learn more from slowing downing your thinking and being more thoughtful in your categorization schemes.

(P.s. I'm joking...I admire you a lot.)

(+2)

Comment

Suggestion for addition to GL:

on "Effects of Global Warming"

Comment

Sorry to report that the link to the GLindex2 does not appear to be working, either from the first post or the suggested alternative lower on the first page.

Ta
          Fergus

Comment

It works here.
            Please check again... Do more people have this problem?

Comment

ST,

For me, the GL Index #2 yields a connection refused. The original, GL #1, works fine.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

It's not working for me either: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact home.tiscali.cz:8080."

But is there any reason the index is on an external site and not in an Apolyton thread?
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm getting a "Page Cannot Be Displayed". That sometimes happens when a site is visited very infrequently and the caching relays don't have a copy of the page handy. Then again, "tiscali.cz" could be down.

I think ST put it on his site so he could modify it locally without having to reconnect to Apolyton each time. Don't see why the final version could not be uploaded to a new Apolyton page.

Comment

Thank you for a fast echo.

These days I have problems to connect Poly , but GL index works well, also using different providers... Are you sure you cut the Poly part from the address?
                    But is there any reason the index is on an external site and not in an Apolyton thread?
                    There are users that cannot reach Apolyton or get pages extremely slowly (an example is starlifter).
                    Also I consider publication of GL via single posts at Poly very uncomfortable: there is a need to split the text due to post size limit, outgoing links are encumbered by advertisements etc.
                    Publication as an attachment looks better but is clearly worse than a direct external publication...
                    ...in case it works
                    Don't see why the final version could not be uploaded to a new Apolyton page.
                    I don't think there will be ever a final version. I have a quite large list of 'to do'.

Probably I should maintain both extenal source and a Poly attachment...
                    ...but first, tell me which pages load and which not, pls:
                    home-1.tiscali.cz/~cz045662/civ2/glindex2.htm
                    home-1.tiscali.cz/~cz045662/civ2/statistic.htm
                    home-1.worldonline.cz/~cz045662/civ2/dipspy.htm
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; January 7, 2010, 23:55.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                      There are users that cannot reach Apolyton or get pages extremely slowly (an example is starlifter).
                      Doesn't the GL link to 'poly threads anyway (I forgot)?
                      But you do have a few good points of course.

... And none of the pages load, by the way. www.tiscali.cz and www.worldonline.cz do load, but I searched Google for more pages from home.tiscali.cz and they all have the same problem for me.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Here's the GL index attached...you have to unzip it...
                        This attachment is replaced with any update.
                        GLIndex2.zip
                        Last edited by SlowThinker; August 2, 2011, 14:32.

Comment

This morning all three of your threads came up faster than Apolyton; last week it was the reverse. What kind of hosting is "home.tiscali.cz"?

Comment

Tiscali is my dial-up provider, the hosting is an added service...

Comment

Fix to "Observations on Roads and Trade":

corrected link:

Comment

correction for OCC "Paulicy":

corrected link:

Comment

Working...
                                X