Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is probably gone. I have spent some time reading some old threads and the oldest threads in the Civ2 Strategy forum are from November 1999. That original OCC thread must be from Februari or March 1999, so it is probably gone, unless it stayed active for many months and someone posted in it after November 1999.

Comment

Just when we joined (slightly less sloshed) than we are now (sloshed)

The SGs - well and truly ...
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I just read the thread "Info on Settlers and Engineers" and while it is filled with some great info. the charts do not show (at least on my computer). As these contain some of the key information of the thread, is there a way to edit the thread to once again include the charts?

Also, I noted that the link is broken at the start, pointing to an angelfire page which is likely outdated.

All in all though, this page, and the threads that it contains, are valuable, both for newbies (are there still newbies to CivII?) and for veteran civers alike.

My thanks,
        Sparrowhawk
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Sparrowhawk, see the Info: Settlers thread again, I attached the original page with images.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

I have added the tools section. I ask authors so that they let me know if a new thread will replace the old one.
            Last edited by SlowThinker; June 17, 2003, 20:24.

Comment

I'm afraid the link isn't right anymore

Comment

Which link?

Comment

just the first one of this thread, to the Great Library 2 index

Comment

The link works here, but it don't work when Apolyton is busy.

The link points to
                    .http://home-1.worldonline.cz/~cz0456...2/glindex2.htm

But Apolyton includes an advertisment to any link that points out of Apolyton. Therefore Apolyton modifies the link to
                    .ttp://apolyton.net/go.php?http://home-1.worldonline.cz/~cz0456...2/glindex2.htm

In the address line of your browser delete the beginning of the link, i.e. the part
                    .ttp://apolyton.net/go.php?

Then it should work.

Edit: I had to add a dot before http because links weren't showed corectly.
                    Last edited by SlowThinker; August 14, 2003, 12:31.

Comment

I really enjoy reading through these threads. One slight beef though. How come some of them you have to scroll right, scroll left, scroll right, scroll left.....
                      And others fit perfectly on my screen. I'm afraid the ultimate secret of civ2 is in here somewhere but I won't have the patience to read it. I tried reducing the text size under the view menu, no help. Perhaps it is just the older ones that are like this?

Comment

I've been reading about the size five city stratagy. A comment was made on that thread to the effect that it would work better with a setting of 1xprod as opposed to 2xprod. Where is this setting of 2xprod? I think it would help me!

Comment

stealthlover,
                          yes, thread from archives have wide format. You could search for new versions of them in forums:
                          Originally posted by SlowThinker
                          Another help you could provide is to advise correct links to new threads if current links point to archives only.
                          But only newer archives have copies in present forums...

2x production or 2x movement can be set easily in multiplayer mode. In single player you have to edit rules.txt.
                          Last edited by SlowThinker; August 14, 2003, 12:28.

Comment

You are still missing the cheiftan effect in combat.

Comment

This thread is devoted to a general talk about the GL. If you have a concrete observation to any concrete topic, please send it to the appropriate thread.

Comment

I think you need to work on better categorization. Very sloppy. Get a thought heirarchy. Read the PYRAMID PRINCIPLE.

(JK)

Comment

Working...
                                X