• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-hoo!!!!!!!
    Victory is ours!
    Hoorah for Silly us!!!!

Well done, Old n Slow.

(Turns out most of the silly rules were non-critical in late game situations.)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Great stuff Old n Slow.

Here's a glass raised to all of the Silly people who played this game - it's only taken us nine and a bit months!

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• Well done guys!
        I must admit that I had my doubts as to whether you would have sufficient stamina/silliness to see it out ...

Stu
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Congratulations to all of the silly crew - maybe people will start acting a with a little more decorum around here now that the silly challenge has been met!

This game would have been much, much harder without the silly token though.

Comment

• Not sure it could have been done had I made a rule as nasty as some of the other ones... Late-game govt switches would have been very tough to manage.
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Yep. Youse guys done good. Congratulations for all your silliness. And thanks for the chance to watch some modern warfare.

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Originally posted by Old n Slow

Old n Slow -- Trucks drive west
                  STYOM -- Research techs in order
                  atawa -- Must change government every four years (oedo year)
                  Straybow -- Sacrifice a builder (settler or engineer) with each happiness improvement (Temple, Col, Cath), and a builder per camel for each happiness wonder
                  rjmatsleepers -- Always have a palace under construction.
                  Jrabbit -- MUST ignore (and document) one of the other rules (for one turn) during the player set of turns.
                  La Fayette -- units with move=1 move vert/horizontally, units with move = 2 or 3 on the diagonal
                  BobSmurf42 -- Cycle through the governments when changing
                  atomant -- Build units with a defensive attitude until Leadership (no Horse, Cat, Char, Ele, Knight, and Cruc, (Cannons delayed))
                  OK, now that we're free from the actual playing of the game, what was the most oppresive rule?

And the silliest rule?
                  Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

• The combination of OEDO changes and gov't choices in order was by far the most oppressive. But for an individual rule, the alphabetical tech choice gets my vote.

Silliest? Trucks drive west.

Comment

• I think the rule causing most difficulty varied. Overall, the OEDO year changes rule was the hardest individual rule, but it wasn't a problem until we discovered monarchy - that was the first government we discovered wasn't it? And as JRabbit said it was made worse by the government cycling rule. I vote for LF's rule on movement as the silliest. Trucks driving west may have been quite silly, but by the time I played a turn with trucks, we were more or less out of the freight delivery stage so it didn't matter. Once my rule on palaces had been modified it was a very easy rule, but it would have been more serious if I'd stuck to the original version. Alphabetic techs didn't really cause to much of a problem, although it made it difficult to plan for future wonders. I think LF gets a prize here for playing in French and getting a different alphabetical order. Atomat's rule had no impact on my turns - I think we got hold of leadership early enough to make it easier. Human sacrifices were a bit of a pain, but no big deal. Thank heaven for JRabbit's rule - that saved us in the final stages.

RJM at Sleeper's
                      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• Post made without any thought whatsoever, and deleted because it was a load of rubbish.

Sorry, it's early in the morning over here.

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                          Post made without any thought whatsoever, and deleted because it was a load of rubbish.

Sorry, it's early in the morning over here.
                          Probably why it is in this thread.
                          Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Working...
                          X