This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this it?

FMLN attacked the Ilopango Air Force Base, destroying six of the Air Force's 14 UH-1H helicopters, five Ouragan aircraft and three C-47s
    Newly elected President Reagan, citing the attack on the Ilopango Base, also signed an Executive Order on 1 February authorizing $55 million in emergency military aid for El Salvador
    Truth Commissions: Reports: El Salvador
    Those were horrific times there.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
      For what it's worth, here are the Chieftain and AMX-30 units I'm using for my Red Storm Rising scenario (Or at least was using - I think I'll use your AMX-30 if that's alright with you.)
      Help yourself, Goingonit. That's why I post 'em
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Great. Thanks!
        I refute it thus!
        "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

for Boco!

Yep, the unit I have been stumped with is a unit representing the sappers of the FMLN...
          (The others I can mostly cover with work of others or my own mods). The sappers also took out the El Paraíso base in 1983, (and at least two more times during the war). Another special forces commando made world news when it managed to escape the Sheraton Hotel in 1989, though they were completely surrounded...

Also, I am trying to figure out some of the other units. They used a bomber described as having four propellers, which makes it sound like a B-17 (B-29?), but in 1980 that does not make too much sense... or does it? Are C-47's also bombers? Do they have four propellers...

Also, a strange looking propeller plane, kind of fat, with a strange looking structure (reminiscent of the P-47, but not nearly as big), said to be used as an observation plane, but sometimes it could carry a 300 or 500 pound bomb... I don't think it's american.

Finally, a helicopter referred to as "avispita" (little wasp), armed with rockets... Does this sound like a Huey?

Horrifying times, indeed...
          II. 193 And fight them until there is no more tumult and oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

Comment

The twin engine C-47 gooney bird was a WWII vintage transport.

The Dassault Ouragon fighter dates from 1949.

The Brits made a Wasp ASW chopper in the 60's, but the land version was called the Scout.

Dunno 'bout the prop plane. Corsair, Skyraider?
            El Salvador flew the last known Corsair mission by a foreign nation in 1971.

What about the A37 Dragonfly? They flew it at one point.
            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Ouragon didn't show in last post. I think the URL was too long for the input box, and I didn't notice. Maybe it shows now?
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

On a new topic, I have been struggling with this Chaparral SAM for some time. Does anyone want to improve mine/make a new one?

Here's my attempt:
                Attached Files
                I refute it thus!
                "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Boco

The Brits made a Wasp ASW chopper in the 60's, but the land version was called the Scout.
                  I now believe it was the MD-500 Defender that they were referring to. Fits the description.

What about the A37 Dragonfly? They flew it at one point.
                  Nope, but Bingo! It was the Arava 201.

Anybody ever draw any of these?
                  II. 193 And fight them until there is no more tumult and oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

Comment

From my latest scenario:
                    Attached Files
                    No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
                    - Niccolo Machiavelli
                    LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
                    CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

And from my previous:
                      Attached Files
                      No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.
                      - Niccolo Machiavelli
                      LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002 IS OUT NOW!
                      CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD AND DOWNLOADS!

Comment

I have created a C47, its in the ww2 thread
                        "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                        -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                        "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                        "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

SU24&Mig23/27

BeBro's F111 and F4 edited into a Su 24 and three Mig 23 variants: Mig 23 MF, Mig 27/Mig 23 BN and the Mig23 MS export version.
                          Attached Files

Comment

These look great, especially the Su-24.
                            Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                            Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Beautiful planes, we need isometric units for the modern age!

Comment

Mirage 2000 is my next concept. Egyptian, Greek, Taiwanese, Peruvian, Abu Dhabi & French colours & markings. I 'll have them done by the weekend, + the F35 JSF.

Comment

Working...
                                X