This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baring my soul...

Sorry the attached image is so tacky-looking. When I UL'd it it turned all the purple shades green, probably because it's a bmp. Anyway, it's the unfinished units pic from my Final Fantasy scenario in progress. Any tips for how I can improve them? Some of them, like the tonberry, turned out awesome, but others, like that horrible chocobo you probably can't even recognize as such, are just plain ugh.

1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

A Final Fantasy scenario? Is there a thread about it? could you bump it for me? or a link?
      April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
      Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

*creak creak* *yawn*

Here are some more units I've created for my scenario. I'm a bit rusty at drawing graphics (had little time to use the computer) but they've turned out well enough for my needs.

I painstakingly drew all the gradients in the graphics using the CivII palette, only to realize that these are ToT units. Go figure
        Attached Files
        "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Looks good. Hows that scenario coming?
          Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
          Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Thank you. I stopped working on it in early September, and I hadn't gotten very far with it then. I've started working on it again. I have 65% of the graphics done, so it'll be a while yet.

So this post isn't a waste, here's another paletted ToT unit. Again, I've done better.
            Attached Files
            "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

I have a few unit requests if someone knows where I can find these or draw them for me in FavFlight's style:

Human:
              A "hero" unit with a bow
              A light infantry
              A human armed with a sling
              a crow

Goblin:
              A Goblin "hero"
              A Warg rider

Eagles:
              just 2 different variations of an eagle

Elves:
              An Elf "hero"
              An Elf armed with a spear

Dwarves:
              The 11 dwarves in Tolkien's The Hobbit (if you can't find these just a generic one and Thorin will do)
              another "hero" unit

I would draw these myself, but I don't have the artistic ability, nor a good paint program, nor enough money to get either.
              "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
              "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Woehr
                I have a few unit requests if someone knows where I can find these or draw them for me in FavFlight's style:

Human:
                A "hero" unit with a bow
                A light infantry
                A human armed with a sling
                a crow

Goblin:
                A Goblin "hero"
                A Warg rider

Eagles:
                just 2 different variations of an eagle

Elves:
                An Elf "hero"
                An Elf armed with a spear

Dwarves:
                The 11 dwarves in Tolkien's The Hobbit (if you can't find these just a generic one and Thorin will do)
                another "hero" unit

I would draw these myself, but I don't have the artistic ability, nor a good paint program, nor enough money to get either.
                So we can expect ourself a The Hobbit scenario? Awesome! Just hope you will be able to finnish it. I'm not at home right now. But if you want me to, I can send you detailed maps from the book. Well actually the maps are from Karen Wynn Fonstad's book Atlas of Middle Earth, but I think you can find them usefull. Also, you should download Harlan Thompson's Lord of the Rings scenario cause there's eagles in that one

Btw, I can post some of the units you wanted when I get home.
                "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Some of those units should already be in FavFlight's scenarios: check his website here http://www.favfly.fsworld.co.uk/index.html

As for some of the others, a guy named GukGuk made some LOTR units, but they are in a more nemo-esque style: do you still want me to post them?
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

gah, I couldn't get the units.bmp into units.gif.. so I can't post units here..

Don't hesitate to ask me for the maps Alex

Comment

I didn't mean to get your hopes up, but I don't think I will try a full scale scenario on The Hobbit just yet. I am actually just making a tactical Battle of Five Armies Scenario for ToT.

Anyway, I have already looked through FavFlight's units and gleamed or edited what I needed. I would like to see Gukguk's compilation (I have seen it once but I don't know how to find it again) if you don't mind posting it. I already have units for the requests I mentioned above, but they are pretty grainy. By the way, I ment a thrush, not a crow.
                      "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
                      "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

still this map could be useful.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Discworld units

I'm working on a Discworld scenario, and the graphics are mostly done! (actually "found" would be truer than "done"! )

I still lack a few units though and would need some help on them (as I'm definitely no artist!).

The first 3 would be "multi units" as on the example I joined (which will represent the Ankh-Morpork City Watch)

1. Ogg Family

with Jason, Sean and at least 1 other: 1 blacksmith, 1 guard, others

2. Nac Mac Feegle

Small humanoids, like "mad,weird, agressive Smurf: "Far below, unheeded and unheeding, something else was entering this little handful of valleys. It was hard to see exactly what it was; furze rippled, heather rustled, as if a very large army made of very small creatures was moving with one purpose.
                          The shadow reached a flat rock that offered a magnificent view of the fields and wood below, and there the army came out from among the roots. It was made up of very small blue men, some wearing pointy blue caps but most of them with their red hair uncovered. They carried swords. None of them was more than six inches high.
                          They lined up and looked down into the new place and then, weapons waving, raised a battle cry. It would have been more impressive if they'd all agreed on one before, but as it was it sounded as though every single small warrior had a battle cry of his very own and would fight anyone who tried to take it away from him.

3. Horsemen of Apocralypse

Only 3 of them: the 4th (Death) will try to stop them

So they are: War, Famine and Pestilence. If necessary, I can find a description of them!

And the other units represent places:

4. Temple of Bel-Shamaroth

I would like an octogonal building with a graving of a kind of cthuluh octopus on the roof, if you know what I mean...

4. Holy Wood

Not many idea how it should look like!

4. Dunmanifestin

Home of the gods! It's a high mountain, looking like a rock needle with a palace on the top of it!

Many requests, I know!

But still... the Turtle moves...
                          Attached Files
                          Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                          Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                          POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                          LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Don't forget Greebo!

Comment

Thought you would come in, El!

I'm afraid Greebo won't make it in this one! but if all goes well, he might in the SP one I hope to do (but let's finish this one first! )

El, do you feel like helping with one of the units I mentionned above??
                              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Woehr

A Warg rider

How about this on (its for warhammer, but still...)?
                                I have it in different combinations of fur, shields etc. Will that one do?
                                Attached Files
                                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

Working...
                                X