No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedanu never WAS found, perhaps he has begun to rebuild after his madness?

Or perhaps it was that other fella....whats his name?
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Back again

Thanks a lot to Peasteress for subbing
      Attached Files

Comment

• Aha, poorf of conspiracy! Both Egypt and Persia have exactly twice as many military units as they have cities!
        Attached Files
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
          Aha, poorf of conspiracy! Both Egypt and Persia have exactly twice as many military units as they have cities!
          BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Annndddddddd........if you add the two city totals together, you get 68, which is EXACTLY midway between 58 and 78, the two unit totals!!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
          To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Good point, Pharoah. Maybe he hasn't heard yet that Babylon is sending 14 units to Greece, and Minos is sending 10 more, plus one to the Mitanni. So it will be

Babylon 50 - 100
            Mitanni 1 - 2
            Egypt 29 - 58
            Persia 39 - 78
            Greeks 25 - 50
            Minos 15 -30

I'll be away a few days, but back in time for 2400BC.

Comment

• Actually we only wanted to send 8

NEW CITY Announced!
              Mintos, a fresh new city on the western coast of Hatta/Egypt has been founded. The city will remain small but full of life, supporting trade in the area by providing a port for Minoan ships to dock.
              (Sailors are a bit dissapointed as the method of running the ship full sail as far up the beach sand as possible has become quite a sport among them. The ship who makes it the farthest gets to watch the others put all the ships back in the water. )

Also Minoan scientist have discovered herds of Giant gray animals with big ears that can travel quickly over miles of nearly any terrain and require little rest. They are not as fast as the horse but much more sturdy. They are named Ale-if-aunts and are quite a hit in our military parades. One wiley carpenter has proposed to build a throne atop one so that I may ride about Knoss and Aya-Triadha in propper fassion.
              Attached Files
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Numbers of units:
                Maybe the Persian quota should be halved, as one half of Persian border is guarded by The Black Empire?
                Last edited by SlowThinker; March 2, 2007, 10:02.
                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Persia ready for an attack?

We asked several times:
                  Originally posted by The Immo
                  again Babylon asks that Per&Bab agree on a way how a war can be started fairly and in a civilized manner.
                  No answer from Persia ... We suppose Persia plans a sneak attack or will send her definition of a "fair war" just before she will attack...

After some holidays in Babylon (name of the holidays is unknown) Babylonian administration returned to offices. We looked at maps and what we see: Persia didn't remove her stacks and forts from The Disputed Areas, but she added a new fort to Al-Kabir, far away from Persian cities and just in position for an attack!
                  We are expecting the Persian attack anytime, probably just after Ellipi and Eshunna will be disassembled. Mobilization!

Originally posted by Sinbad
                  He [Persian King] sent a second envoy to accept pleas for asylum from the Babylonian geezers on the Spine. But Persian attorneys persuaded him to wait, and notify Babylon first, though surely Babylon has done nothing to deserve such kindness.
                  Our translators are confused. Does it signify Persia will start the war by bribing Babylonian scouts in Zagros?

Comment

• That is my understanding of Sinbad's paragraph.
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Re: Persia ready for an attack?

As a service to those who don't follow this thread religiously, Pharoah has engaged a team of interpreters who will hence forth translate some of the......shall we say, less truthful....Babylonian statements:

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                      Persia didn't remove her stacks and forts from The Disputed Areas, but she added a new fort to Al-Kabir, far away from Persian cities and just in position for an attack!
                      1) The Disputed Areas = Persian Territory

2) In position for an attack! = In position for defense!
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Re: Re: Persia ready for an attack?

Originally posted by Ramses
                        2) In position for an attack! = In position for defense!
                        Hmmm ... Defense against what? Against Babylonian skirmishers that are encirled by Persian stacks?
                        Position of defense ... placement of the Persian "defenses" prompts Persia is not very interested in defenses of her own cities but rather tries to defend Babylonian cities ...

Comment

• A well-ordered Republic makes a place for every man within its demesne. The great cities draw in the lazy and shiftless like flies to the dung in the streets. They come expecting to live at ease off the charity of the citizens and the Governor's table.

Seeing a model system in Egypt inspires an answer. As long as there is an abundance of food they will come. Let them not live on the streets without proper shelter and dress, but provide tents and raiment as a debt. They must be ennumerated and organized for the dole, so let them also work.

Those who are suited to labor must work the roads and fields until they pay off their indenture. They have the promise of citizenship in a new province if they fail to find a patron before then. The first example is the new port of Tapigga, just founded upon the Euxine Sea.

Some, however, turn to robbery. In days of old these base dogs would be put to death. We believe it is more merciful to let them work their penance before the gods as slaves. Unlike inanimate cargos these can be moved about under their own power whithersoever desired, and even carry their own food and water as they go. The Slave Trade marks a new and glorious era of civilization!

Although the Royal House of Straybow now rules within the structure of the Senate we retain the privilege of title to these slaves. One shipment was sent to our allies on Crete several years past for considerable profit.

A royal nephew has obtained a thousand slaves. He is bringing a cargo of these unfortunate souls to Pharaoh. But worry not, their stink has been abated by a mandatory scrubbing at the ford of the Orontes.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• We see Consul Straybow is busy with domestic issues, but we are reminding him he should not forget international affairs, as some letters from Babylon are awaiting to be answered. There is an old deal related to new technologies that should be completed right now. Due to an extremely serious international situation the new technologies are awaited in Babylon very impatiently.

Comment

• Sinbad returns after a few pleasant days away from the paranoid Babylonian delusions that have poisoned the air for the last few months. Egypt managed to summarize the situation well in a few sentences [though it is obvious that Babylon is not listening]. Of COURSE, Persia will defend her lands from the hostile king who wrote

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                              Babylon claims a right to take steps of any kind and at any time in order to expel the invaders from the orange line (see the map).
                              Furthermore, we intend to scout our borders in the most peaceful manner left to us. Babylon objected strongly to stacking scouts on the T-line and we listened patiently. Then they expelled our diplomat, needed to bypass geezer ZOCs without stacking. We probably have to bribe the geezers now, but according to our tests, this will not start a war. Babylon will do that.

Comment

• Giving techs - a tool

You know that CivDip ignores some techs, so I made a tool that patches this problem. I finished it yesterday, but I had to test it first.

Technically the tool adds one tech to a civ (and raises its tech number by 1 of course). Simultaneously it makes a backup of the savefile (with an extension .bak) and creates a report in a file "Civ2AddTech.txt" (reports are overwritten).
                                The tool requires rules.txt in the folder of the savefile.
                                It is supposed one side of a deal applies the tool and sends a report to other side.

Where do you think I shall publish it? Probably here in the PBEM forum, but do you know about the main site of CivDip?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X