No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of my previous message was unclear (before I edited it): I meant 3 squares for Babylon, 4 for Persia.
    Last edited by SlowThinker; July 28, 2006, 21:19.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
      Not sure why the Fearful King of BabbleOn insists on negotiating borders in this thread. He hurls insults by email as well, and I can read them all there. IMO it is very clear who has been more unreasonable. But if any Western King feels Persia is to blame for this mess, I would like to hear about it. Otherwise, I do not intend a line-by-line rebuttal of his nonsense.
      (Pharoah nods head, knowingly)

For any King who has not yet experienced it, being on the receiving end of Babylonian distrust is an unpleasant place to live.

NOTE: I'll be on leaving on travel tomorrow, with unlikely internet access until Thursday. So if my turn comes due, this is a request for extension.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Original Assyrian borders
        Negotiations with Persia continue privately. But the original Assyrian-Persian borders were presented here and so I should explain this point:

Sinbad stated only northern part of the old map (Persian part) should be accredited and he still claimed the blue line (see previous page) in Assyrian territory. Reason is Persia advanced into some of these regions during the war.

Yes, I know about these units, since all actions in the area were coordinated. But all these units were included in the war accounting (even if they only were present and didn't enter any action) already:

Persian units participating on war and on Babylonian gains in Assyria:
        1 C4
        1 ladder tower (Arraphka)
        1 EC (Nimrud)
        1 skirmisher (Hekallush)
        Total: 170 shields

(strange mark on the papyrus: Subject: 2680 the war accounting, Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 02:11:48 +0100 )

170 shields was 9.4% of the total army size on Babylonian front, and we agreed to round this number to 10%.
        Persia accepted 100g for her 10% of land. We agreed the war spoils were settled.
        Therefore I see no reason why Persia should claim any other part of Assyrian land on the map.

Comment

• bab 2550

Ceylon builds Fertility Festival. Babylonian administration is very fast and so we managed to inform our horseman near Mari, that now there is no need that he neutralizes two Egyptian units at Mari and one magician inside and that he kidnaps Hanging Gardens. Therefore the horseman retreated.

We must acknowledge Egypt exchanged her patrolling C1 on Euphrat for a horseman.

Since we said Babylon accepted the borderline on the old map published by Sinbad, we withdrew our scouting skirmisher back to the Arrariver. We would like the Persian Bronze Infantry retreats too.

Edit: During the negotiations a limited production of common Perso-Babo caravans continues. One caravan has been assembled.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SlowThinker; July 31, 2006, 12:50.

Comment

• Ah, you mean the invisible magician on the flying carpet with the ring of wishes and +5 Vorpal Egyptian Slayer sword? Yes, good thing you were able to withdraw him in time.

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Egyptian scientists thank their Hatti coleagues for the most wondrous gift of Leadership. The Phalanx is a sight to behold, and all the citizens of Memphis gawk in awe as the they drill in the large central square.

As for Greece, Pharoah is most curious. Why is there an envoy perched in Egypt's Lebanese river valleys? They are far from home, and Egypt wonders at their purpose?
              Attached Files

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• For the first time in recent memory, the westward rush of Babylon seems to have abated. Probably they can't decide whether to aim their armaments at Egypt or Persia.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rameses II
                  For the first time in recent memory, the westward rush of Babylon seems to have abated

Originally posted by Rameses II
                  For any King who has not yet experienced it, being on the receiving end of Babylonian distrust is an unpleasant place to live.
                  Yes, Pharaoh knows a distrust originates easily.
                  First one Babylonian skirmisher two days of walk from Anatu, it is natural man must doubt if skirm's intentions are pure. Pharaoh has to complain.
                  Then Hushmushnak's 'ZOC' plan. It is clear it shall 'serve only to mask Babylon's invasion force'. Egyptian officials are a bit slow but finally they will explain us how the invasion was planned.
                  And finally a horseman in striking distance of Anatu and Mari!
                  Pharaoh can only hope that Babylon will finally choose Persia as a first target and Persia will resist long. Egypt will meekly wait for her final fate...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kull
                    As for Greece, Pharoah is most curious. Why is there an envoy perched in Egypt's Lebanese river valleys? They are far from home, and Egypt wonders at their purpose?
                    Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain...
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Who is the little man? Agamemnon?? Just now we are negotiating very hardly about Hattusas. I think I will have to give it up.

Comment

• Persians in the upper Al Kabir valley are boarding up the windows in preparation for a Babylonian invasion. Sinbad has repeatedly offered to let Bab ParanoiMilitary units inspect the entire river valley for hidden forts and cities, on the condition that the scouts politely leave when they find nothing there. Babylon refused this offer - after Sinbad generously cleared the river of defensive units [except one skirmisher]. Babylon states that they WILL inspect the entire river, but on their own terms.

We expect that war looms ahead. But Persians have finally heard the shameful tale of how Babylon bullied old King Achaemenes into accepting a border 3 squares from Ecbatana, and we refuse to accept any more such abuse.

If any Western Kings (including Ramses II, of course) want more of the story, Sinbad is ready to talk.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                          But Persians have finally heard the shameful tale of how Babylon bullied old King Achaemenes into accepting a border 3 squares from Ecbatana, and we refuse to accept any more such abuse.

If any Western Kings (including Ramses II, of course) want more of the story, Sinbad is ready to talk.
                          Pharoah would be most interested in this tale. He has long suspected that the Well of Babylonian Duplicity is bottomless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rameses
                            Pharoah would be most interested in this tale.
                            Very good, Rameses. I second it. These brief Persian reports are somewhat ... inaccurate.

Originally posted by Sinbad
                            Persians in the upper Al Kabir valley are boarding up the windows in preparation for a Babylonian invasion.
                            Indeed in a private message Sinbad called our inspection by a single early chariot by 'an invasion'.
                            I thought we were in a middle of negotiations about borders (my last message stays unanswered several days), but suddenly I was informed all the upper Al Kabir (the high-defensive squares) IS Persian already and any non-authorized visit is an invasion.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinbad
                              If you take a look at the starting map, you will see that this leaves Persia with a total of about 5 grassland tiles.
                              AFAIK this was only Sinbad's argument why Persia should obtain strategic squares near I Babylonian cities. I was surprised about such a low number, so I found an old pre-historic map and what I see in Persia:
                              14 Grassland squares, 9 wheats, 10 birds squares, 8 fishes.

Comment

• There were many Sinbad's words about war and they aren't very clear for me, so I prepared some simple questions. I would like if Sinbad could answer publicly. Thank you.

Originally posted by Sinbad privately
                                Your EC does not have permission to scout the upper Al Kabir unless you agree to leave in 2540BC. I am not ready to threaten you with war, but the conflict WILL escalate if you invade.
                                After my question Sinbad explained a single EC on upper Al Kabir would be an invasion. My question is: if the EC enters the river next year, will it cause Persia will start a war after she is ready?

Originally posted by Sinbad
                                We expect that war looms ahead. But Persians have finally heard the shameful tale of how Babylon bullied old King Achaemenes into accepting a border 3 squares from Ecbatana, and we refuse to accept any more such abuse
                                Does it mean Persia will try to change borders at Ecbatana by force?

Comment

Working...
                                X