No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slo, that's in essence saying, "No Egyptian ships." Which is not what would be called a "compromise."
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• For those that didn't understand the recent Bab idea:

Two more units between Mari and Dibshiya would suffice to monitor all squares from which any city could be hit. One example are two horses marked by blue arrows on the picture: the Egyptian horse would simply check ZOCs of both Bab horse and skirmisher.
      Attached Files
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• For those that 'terminated the conversation':

Babylon is not very surprised by the reaction of Pharaoh, as we noticed earlier no Egyptian proposal prevented a possibility to land Egyptian forces south from Dibshiya. So we understand Egypt doesn't want to lose this possibility of an attack.
        In other words Babylon was prepared she would have to accept the status quo.

Since we don't want to make any unpredictable steps in this serious situation we will announce our actions in advance:
        Our main aim is to assure a balance on Euphrat:
        We will leave our warships in no-striking distance from the Egyptian Merchant ship, this under assumption Egypt will act similarly, i.e. she won't move her warship in striking distance to our Early Sail and she will allow this is inspected.
        While Egypt has a C1 that monitors the water squares important for safety of her MS, Babylon must get units north from squares 108,50-111,51 (three water squares between Tell Hariri and MS) and/or ask Minos for a help in the monitoring.
        We can move a skirmisher to 112,50 and so see the two eastern water squares. But 108,50 remains, so we ask if Minos is able and willing to move one of his units to 108,48 and if Egypt can provide a cooperation (for example to navigate a Minoan unit so that it doesn't interfere with Egyptian units). We could also send our own horse there , but this would last two turns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
          Slo, that's in essence saying, "No Egyptian ships." Which is not what would be called a "compromise."
          Is Straybow II saying our proposed picture is not a compromise? This is true. Again and again Egypt offers insecurity and paths for attacks. Babylon asks and offers maximum safety. We will never accept a compromise between these two postures.
          And yes, the picture proposes 'no Egyptian ships that could be a threat for Babylon' and 'no Bab ships that could be a threat for Egypt'.
          Last edited by SlowThinker; June 12, 2006, 16:05.

Comment

• IIRC Telharari's access to the ocean tiles that make the river accessable to ships is limited, and one ship stationed west of the "arrows" on the above image would prevent any travel.

I would be willing to patrol that area, but would need to purchase a ship or recieve one from either side. I could trade Egypt a sail from Kato Zakro for his existing ship, I don't think a sail can go much further up the river anyway.
            Wizards sixth rule:
            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zedd
              IIRC Telharari's access to the ocean tiles that make the river accessable to ships is limited, and one ship stationed west of the "arrows" on the above image would prevent any travel.
              That's 2 full tiles closer to Hariri than our earlier proposal, but Pharoah accepts as a compromise. We assume you refer to 112,52, the location currently occupied by Egypt's merchant ship. It is not, despite Babylonian claims - a "warship". Perhaps the sailors aboard catch and eat fish, but that's the extent of their "attacking" power.

I would be willing to patrol that area, but would need to purchase a ship or recieve one from either side. I could trade Egypt a sail from Kato Zakro for his existing ship, I don't think a sail can go much further up the river anyway.
              Even though this would leave Egypt without ANY ships on the river, again we accept.

Babylon's attempt to claim the entire red hex area South of Dibshiya as their own is completely rejected. These forces serve only to mask Babylon's invasion force. Retreat back within your green lines and let Minoans patrol there.
              Last edited by Kull; June 13, 2006, 02:29.
              To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• Originally posted by Pharaoh
                Babylon's attempt to claim the entire red hex area South of Dibshiya as their own is completely rejected. These forces serve only to mask Babylon's invasion force. Retreat back within your green lines and let Minoans patrol there.
                Babylon doesn't claim that area. We want neither move units here (except the patrols on the picture) neither build cities. If Egypt wants the two horses can be swapped - the Babylonian one will stand south from the ford and the Egyptian one north. The effect will be unchanged.
                IMO the proposition assures Egypt would be able to watch all the white dots and the area west of them, and of course it is suposed no dangerous units or stacks would be in this area.

Babylon repeats her simple question:
                8) On which point Babylon could place her masked invasion force?
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Minos
                  IIRC Telharari's access to the ocean tiles that make the river accessable to ships is limited, and one ship stationed west of the "arrows" on the above image would prevent any travel.
                  Do you mean the positions of both ships on the picture would be moved 2 squares inward (and only 4 river squares would be blocked in place of 8 on the picture)? I don't think this is reasonable since it would diminish the security but Babylon can agree (under assumption other points are solved satisfactorily).

Even though this would leave Egypt without ANY ships on the river, again we accept.
                  Does Minos mean he would patrol all the western end of the river? We don't ask anything like that.
                  Of course Babylon would offer her ship for blocking the river for free. We are very thankful Minoans are ready to help and there is no reason why they should bear any expenses related with their help.

One more point - we are not sure if Egypt can accept the 12-tile rule in the desert, so these talks may be senseless.

Comment

• (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• It might be better to have a war

Comment

• I believe you would like it. (Sinbad is a bloodsucker and Persian banks raised their interest rate for the Babylonian empire from 10% to 20% right after they found out Babylon needs the money for the war industry. Later they agreed to go down to 15% but we must deliver Mari to Persia before 2500)

P.S. Nor Nineveh was sufficient for Persia. Sinbad told me he would grab it himself anytime he want.

Comment

• Oh yeah? You and what army?

Edit: Can I have my C4 back now?
                          Last edited by Straybow; June 13, 2006, 18:49.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!

Comment

• My proposal wsa a bit unclear, so here is another Crayola original.

The Magenta X's would be spots to park the boat, It could patrol up and down the river but end its turn in one of those spots thus blocking further tavel by other ships.

Also I have an Envoy near Antioch that i am willing to station aboard to prevent briving. (All other units in the area have goals to accomplish.) I can't remember if we agreed to 1 horse each or 2 but the idea was to have 2 north of the river and 2 south to patrol.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Zedd; June 13, 2006, 19:21.
                            Wizards sixth rule:
                            "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                            Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I can't remember if we agreed to 1 horse each or 2 but the idea was to have 2 north of the river and 2 south to patrol.
                              We agreed to nothing.
                              You proposed 2 C4s + unspecified number of patrols and a rose zone with no 3+ move units.
                              Babylon wanted also no cities and no stacked units in the rose zone.
                              Egypt rejected the rose zone completely and the C4s.

But let us continue step by step.
                              I would like to hear the Egyptian answer to question 8) and to the 12-tile rule in the desert.

Comment

• "Question 8)"
                                Recently The Immortal published a map generated by Babylonian Foreign Office . He believed this was a straight proposition that could assure security for both Egypt and Babylon. Then Egypt found out the proposition hides a way how to mask Babylon's invasion force.
                                We ask Egypt explains how this can happen so that we can execute the perfidious minister Hushmushnak and his 144 lieutenants.
                                But if it transpires that Babylon was defamed falsely we will ask Pharaoh executes all his advisors that participated in preparation of the defamation.

Comment

Working...
                                X