New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zedd
    As for the units left to assyria, can we let the governors take over? or would that cause a problem? It seems that would be the most logical way for them to proceede. But if its an issue I could dis-band them on the next turn.
    Persians are confused over this, and several other recent royal messages. But we are increasingly comfortable with our confusion, and will proceed. We expect that there will be no Assyria next turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
      The High Peasteress in Ecbatana....
      how did i miss that??
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

• no spamming, no posting, be quiet and wait patiently. I am teaching my relatifs Civ2. It will be more expensive than 1$ but I will give it with a pleasure.
        Last edited by SlowThinker; February 16, 2006, 16:37.
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• Has civ 2 fallen so far that we now must pay others to play?

I needed to use my disk drive today and ejected the cd inside not sure what it was and was surprised to see my Civ2 CD. My PBEM Game hasn't progressed in 6 months plus (despite Slowthinker graciously offering all of your assistance in keeping it moving ) and I haven't control-n'd this game in quite some time so I am not sure what my disk is still doing inside my cd rom.

Good to see your game moving onward, I feel the death of La Fayette may will be the final straw to the other PBEM Game (which had been slowing greatly in the last year or so), and will likely bring the end to my civ 2 playing .

Having said that, I would still be willing to do the control n in this game (along with the afformentioned others doing it for money, I will forward a paypal account for my services ) but would like to stay away from doing more than that...........using civ dip in recent turns was onerous and slowed my opportunities greatly (as Peaster knows, I think he was more patient then he should have had to be).

/me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Thx, SparrowHawk. :b

I guess you should be able to find a replacement for LF in the 7-player PBEM...

Comment

• Good to know you are still with us, Sparrowhawk! If I can help with your 7-player game, eg as a Ctrl-N guy or a sub, just ask. Also, it's good to imagine we may have more Slowthinkers playing the game soon.
              -----------------------------------------------------

Persians are pleased that Lycastus has taken the Throne in Minos. We hope for many years of peace and prosperity for both our nations.

Meanwhile, Sinbad the Adventurer led our Second "Early" Charioteer Brigade through the dusty deserted streets of Nineveh. Hard to imagine that this was once the center of the mightiest empire in the world. Now only the Great Pyramids are left to remind us of Didanu and his brutal armies. Perhaps he is buried there, but who can say?

The roads around Nineveh are packed with foreign troops, displaced families and dead farmers (with no marks on their bodies... did they die of verbal abuse?). Wandering traders tell tales of a mysterious band of nomads, known as the Mitanni, led by one Tatu-Hepa. No reliable reports yet on their location.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Spawning is on?

Time to go hunting!
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Hurrah, let us get more respawned civs as fast as possible!

Comment

• Hi guys,

sorry, I was away for a week and just returned...
                    It seems I have to read some emails before doing my turn

Hope to get it till tomorrow evening

Comment

• Next time is suggest you announce in advance that you will be one week away.
                      Otherwise ... SparrowHawk promised he would check our thread each 15 min. for a Ctrl-N request.

This is Peaster and Peasteress the bad guys here, not me.

Comment

• My apologies for letting you wait, things were too busy before my departure last week...

Enjoy
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Trying to Establish MP connection, but if not successfull by 8pm eastern tomorrow I will go ahead and post.

72HR Rule
                          Wizards sixth rule:
                          "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                          Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• Hmmmm.... Peasteress will Ctrl-N for $1 per turn, but that could add up to big money quickly. What is your price, Sparrowhawk ?

Comment

• For the Peasteress.
                              Attached Files
                              Wizards sixth rule:
                              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

• I told him to go ahead and post his save...

I think it has been hard for him to get civ time on weekdays.

Edit: Hmmm, crosspost...
                                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                                X