No announcement yet.

New "Ancient Empires" PBEM created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinbad had one of his greatest years since his treasure hunting days, which are almost legendary in Persia. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you anything about it.

Well...OK... Production is up and business shows potential to be called "booming", perhaps even in this King's lifetime.

King SlowThinker the Immortal allowed Persian troops the honor of entering the recently-conquered border village of Arrapkha. Young Persian riders skirmished with hardened Assyrian troops in the Zagros and Lake Regions with some success. We also built a fine new town in the hills, henceforth known as "Ctesiphon".

And for the Greeks....
    Attached Files

Comment

• The greek are proud to announce the foundation of a new settlement in their home territory
      Nothing new else.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats to Greece.

La Fayette has computer problems - I have been playing his civ for him in another PBEM and he has not answered my email this week. Does anyone else have any news ?

We could wait for him, or start talking now about what to do. I wouldn't mind if Sparrowhawk or Straybow played for him - after giving LaF a few days, of course.

Comment

• Standing by to fill in as the usual "Control N" but I often forget about this thread, so if I am required to fill in, please someone send me a PM

Thanks,
          /me
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• re:

Hi Steve, guess who am i ?

Comment

• Hi Dario! Welcome to Poly!

Dario, La Fayette and I are playing a Bonaparte PBEM over at Evo. They move so fast over there my head spins. Often 3 players play their turns in the same day . At 24 hours per turn, I am the slow-poke.

La Fayette says he intends to play his turn, and that his machine should be fixed within a week.

BTW - Did someone remove the passwords from our Seeds game ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                La Fayette has computer problems - I have been playing his civ for him in another PBEM and he has not answered my email this week. Does anyone else have any news ?

We could wait for him, or start talking now about what to do. I wouldn't mind if Sparrowhawk or Straybow played for him - after giving LaF a few days, of course.

I believe SG[1] has LF's telephone # and could contact him for us if necessary to relay instructions.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I have LF's telephone too.
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• He sent me short emails on 02-10 and 05-10. The last one reads:

My PC goes on crashing several times an hour( which is very frustrating). My son should be able to fix that ...[phrase deleted] (which means before monday).

I guess this means LaF wants to play his turn, and thinks he can do it by Monday. I don' t mind waiting until then.

Comment

• WinXP?
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Win98, but yet...
                        ... it crashes.
                        Sparrowhawk, please, play my turn !
                        Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• Turn played, good thing I had to find my Civ2 cd to play my turn in the 7 player Vanilla game recently

Hopefully this works okay, haven't done this in a while.

/me
                          Attached Files
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Originally posted by Peaster
                            ...[phrase deleted]
                            Peaster, you are considerate that you hide the ordure vocabulary of LF from us
                            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

• I edited the phrase to protect La Fayette's privacy, not for his ordure vocabulary.

Speaking of vocab... what's this "ordure" ? Since my dictionary failed me on Anglo-Czech slang like "narked" and "slowyette", I won't waste my time on "ordure".

Comment

• An Assyrian caravan tried to sneak into Hittite territory. Our charioteers toyed with them for a while, then it was time for lunch.

Butts kicked, Saved, Ctrl-N'ed, etc.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X